Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hello Foxy!

Hello!  Happy Happy Saturday!  I hope your starting your weekend well!  Friday was nice and relaxing over here!  Today I am here with another fantastic Scrappy Saturday Wee Memories Challenge!  We have a terrific sponsor this week, Tiffany Doodles! 
Our challenge this week is paper piecing!  



This is my first time paper piecing digital stamps.  I guess I put it off because I didn't want to put a whole piece of pp through my printer!  And a lot of my papers are smaller 6 by 6 ones and I didn't think they could go through the printer.  But my Wee design team girls were chatting back and forth about different ways of doing it.  And one way was to print your images out than cut and tape on the pattern papers and run it through the printer again!  Maybe I knew this and forgot, maybe you know this already but I wanted to share it with you just in case!  Here is my card, I got to play with the Dancing Dress:



I printed it on some papers by Basic Grey.  I embossed the paper with a quickutz dots folder.  As I thought about what sentiment to use on here I thought of this sentiment by Lawn Fawn in my Woodland Creatures set and so had to use it!  It makes me laugh!

Seeing as I am sharing a card with a dress on it I thought it would be fun to share some fun facts about me and dresses:

In grade 10 I did not wear a pair of pants all year long!  It was skirts and dresses!  I actually didn't own a pair of jeans until University!

Another fun fact is that Ariel takes after me, so far this Spring she has 7 new dresses!  4 Easter dressy dresses (at least my mother bought 2) and she will wear them to church, 2 more casual but so cute still and a summer dress!  And yesterday I did just bought Ariel a really cute skirt!!!

So it's midnight here and I just got a really good idea for a card, what would you do?  I am going to be a good girl and NOT make it!  I am going to go and draw it so I don't forget!  Please make sure to check out the rest of the DT's always amazing work at the Wee Memories blog!  I so hope you play along this week!

14 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Love your card, Anita! The paper pieced dress is perfect!

Ann said...

Awesome paper piecing, Anita! I love the colors on this one!

Lynn said...

Thanks for the tips on paper piecing! Love the story about always wearing dresses/skirts! The dress on this card is adorable!

Laurel said...

This is so pretty! love the colors!

~Tammy~ said...

What a lovely dress!!! :-)

~amy~ said...

Such a sassy card..love it:)

Barb said...

Ah, Anita, this is wonderful! Love that pretty dress!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super awesome card!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Judy1223 said...

Sweet paper pieced dress, Anita! Fun fact to lnow about you in 10th grade...do you still like dresses? (I like dresses, just not pantyhose!)

Did you get to make the card you thought of at midnight? I probably would have made it then...that's about the only time I have uninterrupted around here! (of course I would probably smudge it or something because of fatigue, but still...)

Erum Tasneem said...

LOVE the addition of the green flower!

Dawn T said...

Love your dress Anita. A very pretty card and cleverly done paper piecing

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Anita! Love the paper piecing :)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

This is so pretty, Anita! Love your paper piecing!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love the whimsical dress and the fun paper piecing you did! Reminds me of a fun and frilly prom dress, so pretty!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates