Saturday, April 2, 2011

Wee Memories April Blog Hop!

Hello!  So happy that Saturday is here again!  And with it brings another great Scrappy Saturday Challenge!  This week we are doing our monthly blog hop and I am so happy that you are here!  You should have arrived here from our guest Designer this month, Nerina!  If you get lost or find a broken connection please check back with the Wee Memories blog!  

This week our sponsor is Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker! 

  We have a really fun color inspiration challenge this week!  Just find some color inspiration from the challenge badge, easy!


We were provided with some paper from Nikki Sivis and I made two cards with it! 



For the first card I embossed the flower by Hero Arts in chestnut embossing powder.  I distressed the edges and stamped a thank you sentiment from HA too.  I finished it with some bright yellow twine by the Twinery!  For the second card I let the patterned paper stand out.  I distressed all edges with a TH distresser and vintage photo ink.  I stamped another thank you sentiment from HA and added some ribbon and a button!

I hope you enjoyed my cards!  Thank you so much for stopping by today and I very much appreciate your comments!  Your next stop is ANN!  This challenge is open until Friday April 7th  11:59 pst!  Hope you have a great weekend!

32 comments:

Laurel said...

Fabby cards!

Ujjwal said...

cute cards!!

Brenda said...

I love your colour combos here Anita! Gorgeous second card with really lovely paper!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love both of these!!!!

~amy~ said...

fabulous cards...both are just super!

Kelly said...

Darling cards! Love the embossing!

Lee Anne said...

I love these soft, muted colors. They are so beautiful! I like how you created 2 cards with the same palette, but they are so different from each other.

Nerina said...

I love the muted colours of both of these - but have to say that the darling little trees in two scales in the second one just makes me smile!! Sooooo cute!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

love both cards! great use of the pp!

Lea L. said...

These are so elegant and pretty! I love the trees on that second card!!

Tracey said...

Beautiful cards Anita!!!

Giovana said...

Awesome cards Anita!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

These are both very pretty Anita. I love Nikki's papers too, and that inspiration photo.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

These are fabulous cards, Anita!

Clare said...

These are so pretty, Anita! I especially love that second one - the little tree scene is so sweet!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty cards and love the pattern paper especially on the second one.

Dawn T said...

both are just beautiful Anita.

Samantha Mann said...

i definately love that paper! you are so talented, i really dig both cards!

Unknown said...

Love both of your cards! The flower in the first one stands out, and the paper on the second card makes the card. Awesome cards!!!

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

fabulous card and layout!! love the second one and the row of trees

CinnamonSally said...

Love your cards Anita, they have a vintage feel to them with the colours you have used. I like that look.

Cristine said...

I love the colors on these cards. That green color is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Great job on both cards, love the natural look.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Wonderful cards with such a warm natural feel!

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful Anita! Love those papers :)

Hedgehog Reader said...

Oh I love the warmth of your colors, and the way you wrapped everything up with twine and that darling ribbon and button embelly! :o)

Emily Leiphart said...

Sweet cards, Anita! I love the clean and simple one at the top with the yellow twine!

Tiffany Ervin said...

I love the clean elegance of your first card and the whimsical trees on the 2nd card is just too cute!

Emily Keaton said...

So pretty!!

Khin Hnin said...

Love both of them!! the colors are just perfect (:

Lagene said...

Love both cards! Perfect!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Both of these cards are great but I really love everything about the first one!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates