Saturday, April 16, 2011

All Things Adorable!

Hello everyone!  And a happy Saturday to you!  I hope that it's Spring where you are as it snowed here last night and we are covered in snow!  I worked last night, and I hardly work but it seems that when I do I often have crazy weather afterward!  All the more to test my driving!  :>  I am here with another fantastic Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

This week we have a terrific sponsor, with the cutest stamps, Your Next Stamp!  I feel a certain closeness to them as they are Canadian like me!  Our challenge is super fun:  All things adorable!!!

I was soooooo excited to play with this mermaid stamp!  Beyond!  As you know my daughter is named Ariel, not that we named her after the little mermaid we just loved the name!  But she loves mermaids which makes me too!  I made up a mini card set, 4 by 4.  I love that I am now prepared for the next 4 girl birthday parties that come up!  I loved playing with this mermaid I had to make 4!!! 




I colored each mermaid with my pencils but her tail is paper pieced.  I added stickles to her tail and a rhinestone to the flower in her hair!  I made waves with 3 shades of bazzill cardstock (my fav shade of blues) and a scallop punch, added some clouds cut from my PTI die, and a birthday sentiment by HA, and finished it with twine that matched the girls tails!   This was so fun to make!

I am also entering this into this week's contest at Simon Says Stamp, which is anything for a child.  :>

I really hope you will join us this week and play!!!   The Top Hoot will win a stamp set for YNS!  And Jenny has started to draw for a random prize from everyone who plays (and follows the rules!)   Please make sure to stop by the Wee Memories blog to see the rest of the lovely DT's work!

18 comments:

Ann said...

Oh my, this is a super cute set, Anita! Love them!

CinnamonSally said...

This set is gorgeous Anita, I bet your daughter loves them!

susanne said...

These are sweet as could be! I love them!

jintyoo7 said...

These are truly ADORABLE, love them :o)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Oh my... what a cutie patootie set! This is just so adorable!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!

Dawn T said...

what an adorable set Anita.... Ariel and her friends will love them. Off to see what everyone else has come up with.

Brenda said...

Totally gorgeous set of cards Anita! Love that stamp and I adore your scalloped waves!

Kathy (krolski) said...

So cute Anita! Love the different colored hair and the paper piecing!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

These are so cute, Anita!

Emily Leiphart said...

Anita, these are simply adorable!! I love the way you used the scallops for waves, the die cut clouds and the beautiful twine! They all just make me want to say, "Awwww!" :D

We had very strange weather in Toronto today. It started off sunny, then we had a sudden snow squall which turned to hail and then rain! :O I hope your snow melts and you can enjoy some warmer weather.

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is sweet indeed, love this set you made, Anita!! That mermaid is darling! I'm such a sucker for cute images like that!

Jenny said...

These are too cute Anita, love them!! :) :) :) :) :)

Unknown said...

Anita you did a fabulous job with these! Super adorable!

Unknown said...

Anita you did a fabulous job with these! Super adorable!

Anette said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Anita! You are the QUEEN of card sets!

Laurel Beard said...

So absolutely adorable.

Christine said...

Your cards are adorable. I love those images and also how you created the sea out of border punches. Fun! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates