Monday, April 18, 2011

Airplane Baby Boy Card Set!

Hello!  Happy Monday!  Today I have a card set to share with you.  One of my really good friends Elaine had her second child two weeks ago, a baby boy.  This is her second baby boy so I emailed her to ask her what she needed as a baby gift, or would she like for me to make her some thank you card sets in her babies room colors?  She emailed me back that she didn't need anything but would love some thank you cards!  I wanted to bless Elaine and make a whole lotta cards for her so I made 19, I actually made 20 but I may have sorta forgotten about a card from me so I changed one to be a congrats one literally 20 minutes before going to visit!  On Saturday Elaine and Chris opened there home for a few hours and invited all of there friends to come and stop by to meet the new baby.  This is such a great idea rather than calls all the time from friends of when does it work for both of us for us to come over?  One time cleaning and getting all ready easier with a new baby.  I wish I had thought of that!  :>  

Elaine's new babies room is green, brown and white!  I was inspired by the colors for my cardset.  I am also entering this into the Moxie Fab World, 350 Card Sets Challenge!  I make sets all the time so I was happy to see this challenge!   And lucky me my friend Jinny told me that this week's colors at PDCC is the ones I've used!  I love it when that happens!  And this is one of my favorite color combos!







I stamped the polka dots from the polka dot basics in brown ink on the kraft cardstock, and the sentiment by HA in the same ink.  I cut out the felt clouds with my PTI clouds die and stamped the airplane by PTI in green pigment ink and clear embossed.  Cutting out 20 airplanes was the hardest.  Using adhesive backed felt was the best idea ever!  To make it easier to know where to stamp the polka dots and the sentiment after I did the first I made myself a little guide on some scratch paper and lined my card up, made it so much faster too!  This set took me 2 nights I suppose.

As I mentioned earlier I completely forgot about a card from me congratulating my friend!  So I quickly adjusted one of the thank you cards to be a congrats card!  :>  And this is how I wrapped it, in a small kraft gift bag that I decorated:



When I could go it was during Carter's nap time so Chad stayed home with him and I took Ariel.  Elaine lives super close but I still had a great conversation with her in the car on the way:

Ariel:  "Are we going to Landon's birthday party?" (Landon is first child, the older brother)
Me "No we just went to Landon's birthday party!  We are going to meet his new baby brother Lucas!" 
Ariel "I wanted Aunty Elaine to have a girl!"
Me "Yes but God blessed her with a boy!"
Ariel "really???"  All puzzled and you can see that she's thinking! Whenever someone has the same gender child she doesn't seem to get it!  So funny I guess she thinks that other families should be like hers!

Ariel loved holding Lucas, she held him for a while, here is a picture:


Elaine thinks I should have another baby so she asked Ariel if she would like mommy to have another baby.  Ariel was quiet and looking at me all shyly (probably knowing it's not happening!) said Yes!  :>  Ariel really loves babies, I remember when she was 18 months and all of our friends having there seconds Ariel going to lay beside them and cuddle them!  Here is a picture of my friend and her sweet baby:


Elaine loved the card set! I was so happy!  :>  Ariel also had a funny conversation with me later.  I just can't remember right now!  I will think and edit this when I remember....

32 comments:

Dawn T said...

Too cute Anita..... the card set and Ariel's conversation!!!!!!She looks adorable with the new baby. And I am sure your friend really appreciated the thank you cards.

donna mikasa said...

Great set of cards, Anita--I just love the color combo. I think PTI just came out with a die for the airplane. Would make your life so much easier! Thanks for sharing!

Anette said...

LOVE this set, Anita!!! Wonderful choice of colors, and awesome design!!!

Karen B. said...

These are so sweet, and a great idea!

~amy~ said...

Such a FUN card set!!!!

Fun pics too:)

Jinny Newlin said...

Who wouldn't love this absolutely adorable card set?! Just perfect for a baby boy! LOVE the way you've rocked CAS to pack a HUGE punch! Plus, the colors are PERFECT for our PDCC Challenge this week. Run link 'em up! Hugs!

Laurel said...

What a cute, cute set!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Anita! Thanks for linking these up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

These are fabulous, and I'm seriously impressed that you made 20 of them!

Unknown said...

These are adorable thank-you's. LOVE Them. I just made a bunch of thank-yous a few weeks ago, I wish I would have been inspired by yours 1st, way cuter than mine!!

Laurel Beard said...

Absolutely adorable! Love this.

Virginia L. said...

wow! Aren't these gorgeous and adorable? All the same time! I love how you used the color combo!! Just amazing!! xoxo

Erum Tasneem said...

awesome awesome awesome! I think this ones a winner!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Great card set! Love how you did the polka dots just in the center and love the color combo. Ariel is so cute!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Anita these cards are so cute, I bet your friend was thrilled with them.

sideoats + scribbles said...

Love these so much, Anita! The dots, the plane -- but most of all the CLOUDS! :)

Just love!

And Lucas is so cute! Not to mention Ariel -- that photo of her holding him is just adorable. :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Woohoo! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! Love the simplicity of it, beautiful:)

Kryssi said...

this card set is amazing! i love how CAS it is!! absolutely stunning@!!! Oh man, i can't look at cute baby pics, they make me want another one but god knows i don't want another baby! lol!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Congrats to your friend and their new bundle of joy!!! Super precious pics!!

And I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE these baby boy thank you cards! LOVE the simplicity and the idea--totally CASING them!! LOVE:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Fiona said...

Anita what a wonderful gift for your friend! They are super cute and what fantastic colours for a boy :) Thanks for sharing your creations with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Tracey said...

LOVE this set Anita!!! Perfect use of the PDCC colours! Thanks for joining us at The PLay Date Cafe :)

Anonymous said...

Aww this is such a cute card set! Great gift idea Anita!

My Scrap Diary said...

Hi there. I found you through the play date cafe. I just love the clean and simple look of your set. It looks great!! Usually I love piling on embellishments but lately Ive been on clean look like this.
And your daughter is such a cutie. What a sweet conversation.
Jess M :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful cards and so charming, I really love the touch of the clouds nestled around the airplane! Thanks for sharing the baby photo, so precious!

Crafty Math Chick said...

I love these cards - clean, simple, very pretty. Love the layout & design.

Michele Gross said...

Adorable! What a fun set of cards and what a cutie patootie little guy!! :) Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Angi Barrs said...

What an adorable card set. Love the clouds. :)

Erum Tasneem said...

Told ya this ones a winner!!! CONGRATS!!!

Brenda said...

Congrats on your win Anita with this adorable set of Thank You cards!

Lisa Petrella said...

ADORABLE card set! LOVE the overall design, the felty clouds and the cute little airplanes!!! What a fantastic gift idea! Congrats on your win over at Play Date Cafe!!!!

ivy said...

great design anita!!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates