Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mother's Day Tall Flower!

Hello!  And a happy Tuesday to you!  I can't believe how long of a day it's been!  Sleep is calling me, but first I am going to watch a PVR'd (like a DVR) episode of Glee!!!  Oh and I am feeling mighty proud of myself I fed the kids dinner, let them play outside, bathed them, fed them snack, read stories and got them in bed by 8!  I can never manage by 8 it's usually 8:15 to 8:30!  Chad had to work tonight so I did it all myself!  A friend stopped by tonight also and we enjoyed a latte I made for us!  It's always nice to have a chat with a girl friend!

I wanted to say thank you so much for all the wonderful comments I received over the card set I made for my close friend that I shared yesterday!  :>

Today I wanted to pop in with a card I made for the current Hero Arts challenge, I went with the paper layering part of it and made a Mother's Day card.  This is my second Mother's Day card so far, but technically my first remember this card, Carter took a cat's eye and inked up the inside!  He really loves those little inks and I have to watch him!  I am going to try to save it by mounting the front...  Here is my card, I really enjoyed stamping on the pattern paper and cutting it out:

This card has been picked up for publication!

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Aw.. this is so delighful, Anita! I love how you layered the patterns and colors! Have fun with Glee :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, soooo very pretty! Wow, this is a soothing color combo to look at! Beautiful paper piecing!

Dawn T said...

Great card Anita. I'm sure you'll be able to save the inside... Lovely colours and perfect paper piecing.

Deborah Frings said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the paper pieced flowers - they look fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Anita! Love how this turned out!

Deirdre said...

Anita, adore your card - beautiful.

Saw you won goodies on Jennifer McGuire's blog... congrats.

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty Anita! The scalloped edge looks awesome! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Arlene said...

This is very delicate and beautiful. Love it! :) I am a new follower...so glad I found you!

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

Andrea M said...

Anita, your paper piecing is so wonderful!!! Gorgeous card! Great take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh my stars Anita! This is stunning....love all the work you did paper piecing these flowers! Gorgeous!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Anita! LOVE all your paper-piecing and those scalloped edges!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates