Friday, April 1, 2011

With Sympathy

Hello!  Happy Friday!  Very much looking forward to the weekend!  Spring Break has been tiring!  I wanted to pop in today to share a sympathy card I made for a blog friend.  





This card was a bit different for me.  I usually have a card idea in my head before I get started.  For this one I didn't.  I started by stamping the circle with envelope pattern (all stamps Hero Arts) in pumice stone distress ink by TH.  Than I stamped the flower and stem from the With Sympathy set in various colors, layering them and as you can tell I stamped it a second time to get the softer look.  I was left with a really pretty circle but I didn't know what to do with it!  I came up with a simple design but made it different by embossing the sentiment overlapping the circle.  (I did the sentiment on the circle first separately so that nothing would go wrong!)  Because I made this sympathy card before I needed it I actually enjoyed the circle stamping.  Sadly a few days later I did need it.  I find this stamp set to really be a blessing when it comes to sympathy cards and highly suggest it to you.  And I do suggest taking some time and making a few sympathy cards to have on hand.  I find if I don't I sometimes don't even send a card!

I better go.  The right side of my neck is pulled and really hurting. I am going to try to ice it and see if it helps.  Typing is hard!  I am sorry I haven't been around as much this week but it's just be so busy!  :>  See you tomorrow with the Wee Memories blog hop!

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is a really beautiful card! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Dawn T said...

what a delightfully thoughtful card Anita. I too like to have a couple of nice sympathy cards on hand.. this one will be CASE'd for sure

Tracey said...

So calm and peaceful...perfcet sympathy card Anita!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful array of colors on the sympathy card, it is very touching! I'm glad you survived Spring Break, ours is coming up in 2 weeks, yikes!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Pretty card. Thanks so much for the nice comments you left on my blog. So good to "meet" you.
Terry

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates