Thursday, April 14, 2011

Inspired by a Cushion Sympathy Card

Hello!  Happy Thursday!  I can't believe how fast this week has been flying by!  It's been a great week, and I really hope yours has been too!  It was so hot and beautiful at the start of this week but it's cooled down and feels like winter again!  Hopefully it will be nice for Easter next weekend!

Today I have a sympathy card I made and sent to a online friend.  I actually made it, and than the next day had somewhere to send it.  I made a few sympathy cards and almost all are gone. I may have made several of this card since I like it so much, in my defense sympathy can be hard and I find if it's not made already I may not send one out.


 I stamped the envelope background with antique linen DH ink and than stamped over with one of the flowers from the With Sympathy Hero Arts set.  Some of the flowers are stamped a second time to get the lighter color, I really like the second color from Vintage Photo!  I finished the card with embossing With Sympathy with chestnut brown Zing powder, and some distressing along the edges and tied some twine from The Twinery!  I was inspired to use these colors from my new couch cushions:

I love these cushions because they really fit in with my house.  I was shopping and walked by them and saw that they were on clearance so I had to pick them up.  I am sad though to share with you that they do not look this good anymore.  I guess that's what I get for picking such fancy cushions made out of satin I think.  I have thought of hiding them and only pulling them out when company comes!  But my hubby kept bringing a bed pillow on the couch and I hate how it looks so drives me crazy!  Oh well I guess if it doesn't hold up getting it for such a good price should make up for that.  :>  

See you later!  I hope to be able to stop by your blog soon!  :>  I am busy working on a baby thank you card set for a friend as her baby gift and I need it for Saturday!!! 

15 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun cushions, Anita, and they inspired a lovely card for Lisa!

sheila said...

Your cushions are gorgeous and the card that you made from them is beautiful

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, too funny about your hubby using bed pillows on the couch. HAHA! I love your inspiration card. Those retro colours are really beautiful!

Karen B. said...

Your card is so beautiful.

susanne said...

I love the subdued colours you have used on this beautiful card Anita!

Dawn T said...

Such a beautiful card Anita. I've just got that set so I might have to CASE this one.

Micheal Belayudam said...

The specially selected card gives added depth to your expression of condolence. Humorous cards are not recommended as sympathy cards.

Sympathy Letters

~amy~ said...

really pretty card...love the colors!

Anette said...

Gorgeous card, Anita!! I absolutely LOVE the color combo!!!

CinnamonSally said...

Love the cushions and the fact that they inspired your card. Its a stunning card too, love the design and the colours just perfect.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really lovely inspiration from the cushion colors! Love your design and I'm sure it will bring much comfort to the receiver!

jintyoo7 said...

What a perfectly serene Sympathy card! Funny the things that inspire us :o)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Anita, this is gorgeous. Love the colors you used. Very pretty.

Brenda said...

Beautiful colours for this type of card Anita! I love those tall flowers!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Hi Anita! I don't know if this is the same card that you sent me, but it's just beautiful. Love it so much. Thank you for sending, and big hugs. :)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates