Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sweet Cakes


Hello!  Hope your having a super day!  :>  Today is the first day of summer and summer is my favorite season so I am quite happy, now if only the weather was actually summery and hot and nice instead of dreary, cool and rainy!

I wanted to mention a BIG THANK YOU to everyone for there kind comments (and hopefully votes) over my Gallery Idol card Spoon Flower!  I have been floored by all the emails, comments and people I know coming up to me at church and here and there congratulating me!  It's so cool how even people who aren't crafty are getting all into this and are excited for me!  Such a blessing!  I feel that everyone's support has made for me this time to be so much less stressful!  :>  If you haven't voted yet please do:


Today I have a card I made for the Gel a Tins blog that was there on Monday.  You can see the post here.  Here is the card:










I love this sweet cakes stamp set!  I paired it with some pretty polka dot paper and paper pieced the frosting!  :>  I colored the hem tape with my ink pad and I think this is the first time I ever have put the sentiment on a tag tied to the ribbon.....  :>

Only 7 days of school left for Ariel!  We are so excited for summer to start!  Although she is having so much fun at school.  At the beginning of June the grade 1's could bring there bike to school for a week and ride it during recess, she loved that!  They had a field trip last Friday, yesterday was there Charlotte's web party and today is bike rodeo!  And Friday they have field day!  So lots of fun these last few weeks!  :>  

Well I am off to take Carter for a power walk before it rains!

10 comments:

jennfontaine said...

Such a cute card! I like the soft colours and the tag!

~Tammy~ said...

Aeriel's class sounds so fun! No wonder she liked it!!!

I love your yummy card! The polka-dots are so fun!!!

Barb said...

We've been getting lots of rain now too, Anita - but at least here it's warmer - hope your weather improves soon!

Love this sweet card - that paper is adorable! :)

Robin K. said...

Your yummy card is so cute Anita!! I'll gladly send some of our hot weather your way - heat index was 100 degrees today :(

Dawn T said...

lovely card Anita. Your cupcake looks good enough to eat. Hope the weather improves for Ariel's summer break. My niece lives in Toronto and it's been nice and hot there. Wishing you all the best of luck for the next round of the Idol.

Deirdre said...

Doing the happy happy dance for you... just saw on the papercrafts site that you are top 5 .... wooohooooooooo!

Geri said...

Yahooeee! Yipppeeee! Whoot Whoot! Congrats on reaching the top 5! Anxious to see your next entry! Enjoy the ride!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Congrats on making it to the Top 5!! Woohooo! So excited for you!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Big congrats, Anita! And also big congrats on the Gel-a-tins DT! That was awesome seeing 3 of the GI ladies on the DT. :) Your card is super sweet and I love the papers you used!

Wida said...

Hello

Thank you for commenting on my card

You card is amazing awesome patterns

From,
Sophia

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates