Monday, June 4, 2012

Gallery Idol Round Two! Confetti Rainbow!

Hello!  I am so excited to be here today with my card for Paper Crafts Gallery Idol round Two!  I am still in awe to be part of this competition!  The challenge was Color Your World!  Right away as a mom to young kids a Rainbow came to mind!  I thought and thought and thought and the idea of using confetti came to me!  I've seen and read that confetti is a huge trend right now and thought it would be so fun to use that for my card! I thought it would be something different too! And that is how I came up with my card!  





I used a school supply, a three whole punch to make my confetti!  I simply punched over and over Bazzill cardstock and made piles!  Than I made a small pool of glue from my Tombow glue and used a q-tip to add the glue to the back of each confetti! I stamped the sentiment from Papertrey Ink first, I love this sentiment I really think it pairs well with a rainbow!  I than worked from the purple and up placing the confetti where I thought it should go first than gluing them each down!  Added three rhinestones  and adhered to the white card with dimensional adhesive!

Supplies used:  

Cardstock:  Bazzill
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames 3
Ink:  Black by Stampin UP
Rhinestons:  Hero Arts
Adhesive:  tombow, scrapbook adhesives (dimensional)  

I really hope that you like my card!  I really loved and enjoyed making it!!!!!  I would love it if you voted for me!



Please click the box to vote!




I truly think each and every of the 20 cards are amazing!  I am so honored to be part of this with such talented ladies!   This weekend I've been a bit stressed and nervous but I told myself all that I can do is try my best and I think I have.  I hope that you love my card as much as I do and take the time to cast your vote for me!  I would simply love it to make it to the Top 15!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!

34 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

This card is fabulous Anita it must have taken alot of patience. I am off to vote!!

Kelly said...

wow, this one took some serious TIME to create! such a fun look!

Robin K. said...

Your card is wonderful Anita! Love how your thought process took you to this design :) Off to vote!

Brenda said...

Wow! That's a lot of punching Anita! Love that you slanted the rows of confetti! Beautiful and good luck!

Britta Swiderski said...

Amazing job, Anita! I'm so happy that you've made it into the gallery idol and look forward to seeing you in the next many rounds! Good luck to you and HUGS! <3

stampingandstitching said...

Anita, wonderful card! Love your design and I'm in awe of your patience in placing all those dots! Best of luck:)

JJ Bolton said...

How much fun is that? I love your Confetti Rainbow!!!

Anita, I'm so glad to have met you and to be on this fun journey with you!

Jingle said...

I love it!!! The dots are great!

Ardyth said...

Oh, wow! At first glance I thought you stamped it, which would have been hard enough, but you glued every single dot? You crazy (like a fox) woman! Definitely winning material, in my humble opinion!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is gorgeous I bet it took forever doing all of those dots, love the look!
Lisa

Miriam Prantner said...

Looks great! Love the confetti - perfect placement too, this must have taken a LONG time!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Really fun, and so cool that you didn't need a fancy paper crafting gadget to make the dots! A hole punch worked perfectly!

~amy~ said...

a-maZING...truly fantabulous:)

Taheerah said...

Awesome card Anita, all those dots are placed to perfection!!

donna mikasa said...

love your confetti rainbow--and your steady hand!

Elena said...

love how perfectly you placed all of those tiny circles - I'm getting tired just thinking about it, lol! thank you for your sweet comment on my blog - so happy that this competition has introduced me to you!

Barb said...

I love this idea, Anita! It turned out sooo awesome! Good luck in this round, my friend! Hugs to you! :)

Chunyuan said...

awesome card.

Lindsey said...

Such a fun card! Although I'm not sure placing all those confetti bits was a lot of fun. ;) Totally worth it, though!

Annette Allen said...

such a pretty card...good luck...

Wida said...

what donna said!!! It has been a crazy journey. It has been wonderful to know you better :)

Sue McRae said...

Fun card Anita!

~Tammy~ said...

So creative and so fun! What a great idea and it shows the time and thought you put into this! Awesome job!

Dawn T said...

Great card Anita. Voting done... good luck

Lynn said...

Wohhoo! Anita! Such a fun card. Big congrats to you on Top 20!!

cheiron said...

Love this confetti rainbow! Fabulous!

jennfontaine said...

Whoo Whoo! Love it! I love the crispness of it! I think it was the perfect touch to layer it on white and pop it up! You did such a great job! So very creative and fun!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great card, Anita! You're so right... Confetti is a HUGE trend right now, and you've created it in such a controlled manner. Just beautiful!

Trinh said...

So fun & trendy, Anita! I love the rainbow of dots and admire your patience for punching & pasting each one.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is absolutely stunning! Congratulations on making the top 20 although I am not surprised because your cards are amazing! :)

Maureen Morton said...

This colorful card is a real winner, Anita. You ALWAYS have my vote (and I did vote)! You rock!

Amy Kolling said...

Anita, I am so glad to be in the Top 20 with you! Girl, you are so creative! I love polka dots and this is awesome!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That's a whole lot of punching, Anita! I love how you put the confetti on the diagonal! I'm so glad to be in the Gallery Idol with you! :)

Virginia L. said...

Super job you did, Anita! Beautiful idea and design! Good luck on the next round!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates