Monday, June 18, 2012

Round 4 Gallery Idol!

Hello!  Hope your Monday has had a great start!  I am here with Round 4 of Paper Crafts Gallery Idol!  I am beyond thrilled and blessed to be one of the Top 10! 



 This time the challenge was to use a household item on your card!  What a challenge!  I thought and thought and thought and decided to use Plastic Spoons!



I broke the handles off of the spoons and glued them to a die cut circle.  Paint is a big trend right now with paper crafting and I was happy to finally use it!  LOL  I painted the spoons a hot pink!  I added a My Mind's Eye Indie Chic decorative sticker in the middle to make it a flower!  I than stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Studio Calico set "My Happy" on some coordinating pp.  I added a cabochon flower in the middle!  I also used the coordinating paper from the Indie Chic line for the card, love this pattern! Adhered it to a kraft card!  Pink, orange and brown are  my all time favorite color combination!  

It was really fun to use a household item on my card!  I think the spoons look like a petal of a flower!  My goal was to still make a pretty card with a household item and I think I achieved it! 

I hope that you like my card and really hope that you vote for me!  It would be a dream come true to make it to the Top 5!!!!





Supplies used:

Bazill Cardstock
My Happy Set by Hero Arts
My Mind's Eye Indie Chic collection
Folk Art Magenta Acrylic Paint
Tombow Glue
Recollections resin flowers
Plastic spoons

26 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Anita, this is so cool looking! Love that paper you chose for the background too! You did great!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card dearie!!!

Elena said...

such a FUN card. Love the colors you chose, and the background paper you worked with - everything shows off your plastic spoons to perfection.

Amy Kolling said...

Love the idea for using spoons and that your flower is the center of attention! Such creativity!

Lisa said...

clever, clever, clever :) this is really pretty, Anita! Best of luck to you in the competition!! XX

~amy~ said...

genius. I love it Anita!!!

Jenn said...

What a great idea! You are so clever... and you definitely deserve to be in the top 10 (and beyond!). Good luck! xoxo

Lynn said...

What a fabulous idea...the hot pink on the spoons is so fabulous. The bloom highlights the gorgeous papers you choose too! So happy for you Anita!

Lindsey said...

This flower is stunning! What a great, fun idea.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Your color scheme is right on trend, and I love the spoon "petals"

Leigh Penner said...

Great card, Anita! I love how you thought to use the plastic spoons-- pretty and creative!
I'm cheering for you to make it to the top five!

Taheerah said...

Your design immediately caught my eye Anita! It's so fun and definitely on trend! Best of luck this round - hoping we'll both be celebrating!!

Jingle said...

This turned out so cute, Anita!

donna mikasa said...

Your flower turned out gorgeous, Anita! So clever to use plastic spoons for the petals! Good luck!

Barb said...

Oh, my gosh! Who would have ever thought plastic spoons could be so pretty?! This is awesome, Anita - what a clever, fun idea! Love the way your flower turned out - it's beautiful! You go girl!! Good luck! :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Wow! So creative. Great card. Good luck.

Carol McCready said...

Great card! This has to make it into the next round.

Sue McRae said...

Love your spoon flower Anita, very fun and creative! Good luck!

Karen B. said...

Congrats! I thought this was the most clever of all!

Dawn T said...

I have voted Anita... I really love you ingenious flower petals. Great idea. Good luck on getting into the next round.

judy said...

I love how you were able to use the household item in such a beautiful, eye catching, and creative way! Lovely card, Anita! Best of luck to you.

Robin K. said...

This is SO clever and pretty Anita!!! You've got my vote:) I'll be squeezing for you!!!

jennfontaine said...

LOVE! This card is stunning and so deserving of the top 5! The colours are amazing and the design is perfect! Great job!

Trinh said...

Genius, Anita! And I love that your card is so pretty.

Maureen Morton said...

Brilliant - and the color!!! Wowzer, Anita. Creative thinking and crafting. Good luck!

~Tammy~ said...

This was so clever! You knocked this round out of the park! Big congrats!!!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates