Monday, June 25, 2012

Round 5 Gallery Idol!

I am absolutely delighted and excited to be here today sharing with you my card for Gallery Idol Round 5!  I still can't believe that I made it to the Top 5!  Thank you so much for your votes and encouragement!  

The challenge this round was to make an interactive card!  I love interactive cards, they are so fun to make and the recipient always loves them!  I thought and thought and came up with my idea and actually my card is not only interactive in one way but in two!  First I came up with the idea to make it a scratch off card.  And once I came up with that idea I than thought to make it a confetti shaker too!  Here is the card when scratched:

And here is a photo before and a few others:



The scratch off was so fun to make!  I  made the confetti with a 3 whole punch again!  For the shaker I sewed a thin acetate onto the kraft card, I actually cut a clear envelope and used that!  I sewed three sides and than added the confetti right before sewing it shut, I was worried I would sew confetti!  For the die cut I stamped the ice cream cone coloring it with markers first and than colored it in with pencils.  Stamped the sentiment over top and than made it a scratch off!  For the scratch off I used 2 parts paint and 1 part dishsoap!  I actually made a quick video sharing how I did it!

Please ignore my scratchy voice the only good time to video is when the kids are in bed!  And I've been having vocal problems again especially at night!




 
Scratch Off Tutorial from Anita Recksiedler on Vimeo.




 I hope that my video has inspired you to try out the scratch off technique!  :>  I also hope that my card has earned your vote ans that you take the time to vote for me!  Thank you!





23 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Clever card Anita, good Luck. I am off to vote!!.

Elena said...

so fun!

Annette Allen said...

WOW WOW WOW that is so awesome...very creative...Good Luck...

Virginia L. said...

Wow!!! REALLY creative, Anita! Way cool to share this with the video! Off to vote now :)

Lin said...

GREAT entry, Anita!! You should be very proud of yourself no matter what the outcome is! Good luck, my friend!!

Sherri said...

It turned out great Anita! I even remembered to go and vote for you. Good luck!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card girlie!!!

Lynn said...

This is so clever Anita! I am in awe of all of your entries! Way to go!!

Karen B. said...

Congrats Anita, what a cool card, and I love that there are two interactive qualities to the fun card!

Karen B. said...

Congrats Anita, what a cool card, and I love that there are two interactive qualities to the fun card!

~amy~ said...

Soooo fun!!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Super fun idea!

Barb said...

I am so impressed with your creativity, Anita! Love this adorable card, and the fact that it's not only a shaker, but a scratch off? LOVE IT!! I'm wishing you tons of luck and sending lots of hugs! :)

Dawn T said...

very interactive Anita. I've voted for you and wish you well.

Jenny said...

so clever and awesome sweetie! love it!

~Tammy~ said...

So so cute! What a fun idea Anita!

Maureen Morton said...

Such fun and great popin' colors. I learned this technique from Julie's recent class (Make it, fold it, etc) but I haven't tried it....this looks like a rockin' winner to me!

jennfontaine said...

Love the card and the great tutorial! I hope you win and can't wait to find out!!

Amy Kolling said...

Anita....great minds DO think alike! I love how your scratch off is the focal point of your card. Our scratch off solution is the same but our technique is a bit different. Such a fun interactive idea especially paired with the confetti shaker! Wishing you the best of luck and so glad I got to share this experience with you! Hugs!

Lindsey said...

What a great idea! Fun card, Anita. Good luck! :)

Lindsey said...

P.S. And I forgot to thank you for giving me the heads up about my win on Julie's blog. And you won, too -- that's great!

Robin K. said...

Such a creative and fun card Anita! So thrilled for you! Off to vote!

JJ Bolton said...

So cute Anita! Great idea to combine the shaker with the scratch off!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates