Saturday, June 16, 2012

Past Times Father's Day Card and Recital Photos!

Hello!  Hope your having a fun weekend!  I am here with a sort of long post but it's worth it!  :>  First off I am beyond delighted to share that I made the Top 10 for Paper Crafts Gallery Idol!  And Chad was a sweet hubby once again that he woke up early to check for me!  He even woke up in the middle of the night to check just in case it was up already!


The challenge now is to make a card with a household item!  Yikes!  Working on my card tonight!  :>  Hope it turns out the way I in vision it! Be back Monday with it!

Today I have a Father's Day card to share that I made using one of this month's Hero Arts challenge sketches!  :>

I used the indie chic papers again!  And used the past times set again using the old fashioned bicycle image!  Ariel asked me What's that?  A big wheel?  I told her to look again!  :>  Used a maya road tag I think this is my first ever card with a tag on it!  :>

Today we had Ariel's dance recital!  Chad and I both volunteered backstage.  Ariel's class was big so I figured I could use the extra hand!  It's fun to be backstage with the kids!  Ariel had two numbers because she takes two classes and a friend from school takes them with her so I have photos of them together. One is hip hop and the other is ballet/tap/jazz.  Ariel much prefers the hip hop!  Although next year it looks like Ariel wants to try something different, gymnastics!  :>  She can always go back to dance if she wants to!  Here are a bunch of photos:









What a fun but tiring afternoon!  :>  Ariel did so well with her dances and I loved my view from backstage (more like side stage!)  :>  And I am off to work on my challenge card and put my two to bed!  Happy Father's Day!  :>

10 comments:

Trinh said...

Woo hoo, Anita! I'm so happy for you! I love your take on the HA sketch. And Ariel looks so cute in her dance outfits!

Unknown said...

That HA card is perfect! I love the patterned banners...and that bike tag. Awesome take on the challenge. Congrats on making it to the next round of GI...it's so well deserved!

Barb said...

Hi Anita! Just LOVE these photos of Ariel and her friends! Adorable costumes - bet they loved getting all dressed up! Great card too - such a fun take on the sketch!

Wishing you luck with your Gallery Idol card - thinking about you lots - can't wait to see it - I know it'll be fab! Hugs! :)

Dawn T said...

So happy for you Anita, Hope you make it all the way! Hard challenge this week. Love the father's day card. What wonderful costumes Ariel has for her dance. She will love gymnastics and her dance will help her. I loved it as a child and really enjoyed it.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Happy Father's Day to Chad, Anita! Just love the tag card you made him - those papers are yummy and perfect with the bicycle tag! Darling photos of Ariel from her dance recital too - I'll bet you were so proud of her!

Lynn said...

Way to go Anita! So happy for you! Love the pictures of Ariel! So, so sweet!

jennfontaine said...

Way to go on making the top 10! I know you are going to rock this next challenge!

That card is so cute! I love tags on cards, I always picture them with a little gift bag that has a matching tag!

Ariel's pictures are so sweet! What a cutie! She looks like she had a fun night!

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations on making it to the top 10, Anita!

~Tammy~ said...

What a wonderful day and I love your FD card.

The pictures of Ariel, are just precious.

Big congrats to you for making Top 10.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! A HUGE congratulations to you Anita!! Your cards were goregous so you deserve to be in the Top 10!! Can't wait to see your next creations :)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates