Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My first cover!

Hello!  I am very excited to be here today to share something amazing, surreal, can't believe it but one of my cards is on the cover of Stamp It by Paper Crafts!

Which one do you think is mine???  

Of course the Newspaper Tulips one!  :>  Do you like it?  You can find more details on page 138!

Last night I had to celebrate:

Yup cheesecake!  Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake!  Yummy!


Getting a card on the cover is beyond something I ever thought possible or even thought of!  This is my first publication in Paper Crafts magazine!  I remember back in February (if I remember correctly) when I finally got a happy email from them!  I cried tears of joy because it was I think my third time trying!  It felt so unattainable and I am really glad that the rejection didn't put me off. Than in April when I received the email that my card was going to be on the cover I sat by my laptop in my kitchen at my island in shock.  It felt surreal from the top of my head to my toes!  I cried and was just plain surprised!  I have always loved and bought Stamp It,  for years before I even started being online.  All those years ago if someone had told me that  my card would be on the cover one day I would not have believed them! 

I've been beyond blessed this last little while!  I hope that I never appear to be boastful or a show off.  I share with you because I know you all really get it.  Most of my friends and family get it too and rejoice with me but I still come across people who don't get it and don't always say the nicest things.  I know that you all get it the most!  I love this hobby.  I love stamping, I love playing with paper, I love creating!  It really helps me to be the best (or just good at lol) at everything else if I have some time for me to paper craft!  

This is the only card I have in this issue!  I submitted I think 7 and one of was picked up.  I want to share that I rejoice in the one card and not think or dwell or be sad in the other 6 that weren't picked up.  If I have 1 card picked up I am happy.  Not every card we make and submit will be picked up.  Doesn't mean that those cards aren't good, it just means it probably didn't fit and someone else's did fit.  If things aren't picked up it doesn't mean we aren't good enough either, don't let that define you! Keep true to yourself, keep on crafting because crafting is the best part!  

I want to say a big thank you to all of you again.  I am so blessed by all of your friendships!  Crafting is so much more fun having friends who have great blogs!  :>

31 comments:

Piali said...

WHOO HOO!! Big Congrats Anita!

Kelly said...

whoop whoop! the COVER! that is such an awesome card! love the color scheme!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow congratulations Anita, fabulous Cover girl!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wooohooo!! So happy for you Anita! I saw that tulip card on the cover (on one of the blogs) and was wondering who made that beautiful card! Now, I know. I'm over here doing the happy dance for you! :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

yay!!! Congrats to you and love how you celebrated! I am a lover of cheesecake!!! So very happy for you and thanks for being such a great inspiration and reminding us to keep our heads up!
Lisa

Ardyth said...

Congratulations! That is BIG! Publication is still something I'm working up to - it's scary enough having my own little blog up at this point (but a year ago I didn't even have that). You don't sound at all boastful - you are enjoying the reward of the achievement and you deserve to celebrate (and cheesecake is always a good way to go!)

Lin said...

You are having some year, Anita! Congrats on the cover - couldn't happen to a more deserving lady! Love it!

Isha Gupta said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Huge Congrats Anita. I am so so happy for you. Pretty card and a well deserved feature:)

Nona said...

Woohoo Anita! You're a cover girl now! HUGE congrats to you. I am so very happy for you! You deserve it :)

Nina Yang said...

Oh Anita, Your card is well deserved on the cover! It is one my favorites in the entire issue! You are so talented! :) Good luck with the final GI run! Hugs! Nina

Wida said...

The cover!!! the cover! I do get it, and it is something to be proud of. Your post came just in time as I have tried so hard this time to make it in PC, my first attempt. I will remember this when I face disappointment. Great job, the card is beautiful!

Tenia Nelson said...

Hecks yeah dearie!!! Congrats!!! So happy for you!!!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the card. Congrats on the cover. So happy for you!

Barb said...

So many good things happening for you right now, and it is so exciting, Anita! I am beyond thrilled for you! Wish I could give you a big hug in person right now! Guess I'll have to wait for Scrapfest in September! Big congrats to you, sweet girl! Love ya! :)

Robin K. said...

I am just grinning right now! When I saw the sneak peek of the cover of this mag I wondered if that was one of your cards because it really reminded me of your style!!! So happy for all the wonderful recognition you have been receiving for your work lately! Big hugs to you! Robin :)

Katie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is Such an honor!! You give me hope to even submit. I am such a critic of myself and such a perfectionist, the more I do, the better I would feel about what I do.
Again, Congratulations! You deserve to celebrate yourself. Beautiful card!

Cat Craig said...

Congratulations! Great card.

Lindsey said...

Congratulations, Anita! It's an awesome card.

Trinh said...

I knew it was your card as soon as I saw it on the cover! I'm so happy for you & yes, I totally get it. You are so warm, genuine and talented and I don't think anyone is more deserving than you. A big congrats, my friend!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Congrats on being a cover girl, Anita! This year been such a huge year for you and I am so happy for you. Congrats again. :)

Geri Lynn said...

CONGRATS Anita, you deserve it. You are on a roll. Your cards are beautiful.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats!!! Love that stamp too.

Greta said...

I knew immediately which card was yours, Anita! Congrats--it's terrific!

Dawn T said...

Thrilled to pieces for you Anita. Well worth the continuing submissions. The card is so awesome, it's worth making the front cover.

Lynn said...

Woohoo! Way to go on your first cover. So fabulous and no surprise with this gorgeous card!

Brenda said...

Well done Anita! It is so well deserved! A gorgeous card for sure!

jennfontaine said...

A huge CONGRATULATIONS! That is just so exciting for you and you should be proud! That is also wonderful that you recognize the blessings and dwell on the ones that don't get picked up. You know that are amazing card too!

Maureen Morton said...

No, sweet gal, we want to share in your excitement and glory....and we DO get it. I just get such a kick out of all the victories you are having this year - you shine. Thanks for all the great inspiration and positive energy you so graciously share. Hugs!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

That is so awesome to be on the cover! Congrats!

Geri said...

A huge congrats! Awesome accomplishment Anita. I love your positive attitude towards cards that weren't chosen... not that they weren't good enough, but probably because they just didn't fit. Your post is positive, filled with sincere emotion and sends a message of encouragement to all of us reading it. You are truly a glass half full type of girl. Those who "didn't get it" are most likely the glass half empty people of the world.

Susan R. Opel said...

I just love your humble nature, Anita. :)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates