Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thank You Poppies

Hello all!  I hope you are having a wonderful Thursday!  Hope you have been enjoying the lovely relaxing week between Christmas and New Years.  We have been although sadly my Ariel has been sick.  Hubby just took her the doctor and she has Scarlet Fever now too.  She hasn't been feeling all that well and had a fever but whenever I asked her what hurt, your throat, your ears she said no she just didn't feel that well.  We thought she had what her cousins did, a fever that turned into a cough.

I have a thank you card to share today.  I made this for my mother's coworker who gave her the tickets to the Nutcracker ballet I took Ariel to on Tuesday.  Which she just loved (even though she didn't feel well she didn't want to go home and sat happily through it all), I forgot to mention that it was a ballet.  In my city we have a world renown ballet company!  The nutcracker was magical, oh the costumes!  We were so blessed to have been given tickets that I really wanted to make sure to make a card for her. 

Products Used:  Bazill cardstock, Stamps: Hero Arts CL272, CL449. Inks: Colorbox Frost White,  SU Black and Chocolate Chip.  Other:  Prisma and Derwent pencils.

A pretty simple card but one that I think shows off the beauty of the poppies.  I stamped and colored them in with my pencils, when I color on the kraft I color quite hard to give it a rich color.  I added pearls that I colored black with a sharpe.  I swept the sides with my white pigment ink by Colorbox which I think adds so much!  I am entering this into two challenges the last day for the Hero Arts, one theme was thanks.  And the Cute Card Thursday challenge (cute name!) which is thank you cards!

At the beginning of December I organized a Holiday Card Exchange at my favorite online group, the Hero Arts Flickr Group!  Here is the card I made for Linda:

And than I was floored when I received this in the mail from Marilyn!

WOW!  She sent me not only a Christmas card but a birthday one too! And wow love her cards, so beautiful and works of art! And such wonderful crafty goodies and a beautiful tea towel and pot holder!  I had been wanting a Christmas one!  :>

That's it for me today!  Off to finish supper!

16 comments:

Ann said...

Gorgeous poppies, Anita! And woohoo for happy mail! :D

Sorry your wee one is still sick. :(

Dawn T said...

lovely thank you card Anita. And how generous of Marilyn - beautiful gifts and stamps.. What a lovely surprise.

Virginia L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia L. said...

Thanks for the share, Anita! I hope Arial is feeling better... that's so fantastic that you got to take her to see Nutcracker! She must have really liked it to sit through the whole thing despite her being under weather. How Awesome is Marilyn!! Thanks for organzing the card exchange! It was a lot of fun. Happy New Year to you and family!

~amy~ said...

Such pretty cards and look at all those goodies!!! Hope your girl feels better soon!!!

Happy New Year!

Jinny Newlin said...

What beautiful cards, Anita! And lucky you for not only getting to go to the ballet but for that fantastic, Christmas/Birthday package, too! I sure hope Ariel gets to feeling better soon. You all have just been hit hard. I'm so sorry!

Barb said...

So generous of Marilyn! And your poppy card is just beautiful, Anita! Love that red!

Sanne said...

Gorgeous cards Anita.....uuuuuhhh lovely goodies from Marilyn - lucky you!

Happy New Year!
Hugs Sanne

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Beautiful cards, Anita! I love the colors on the poppy card-the kraft and bold red look fabulous together! Have fun with your new goodies, too. :)

Anne said...

What a beautiful set of cards! Love the poppies.
Phindys Place has a Thank You challenge running too at the moment, do please pop by and enter:)
Happy New Year
Anne
x

stampingandstitching said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Anita! Marilyn is so generous and her cards are so beautiful! I hope Ariel is better soon. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Anne said...

Adore your wonderful cards Anita! I hope Ariel is feeling better really soon- nothing like being sick during Christmas vacation. Have a safe and Happy New year and looking forward to seeing your creations in 2011!

Tenia Nelson said...

What wonderful cards!!!

Alice said...

both cards are beautiful. love the draft bases and very pretty design! thanks for sharing!

ivy said...

pretty poppies in that red!

Cindy said...

Anita, I love the poppies card! I happen to have that stamp and must get it inky...

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates