Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy December!

Happy December!  I am so excited that it's here!  Looking at what's coming up this month I can either think it's going to be crazy and busy or I can choose to think how excited I am to go to several of my children's Christmas concerts, to spend time with family and friends while fitting in everyday life, a partime job and Christmas shopping!  Yesterday while blog hopping I "discovered" the December Daily by Ali Edwards.  I had seen several of you do it last year and thought it was cool.  Yesterday it hit me that I should do it.  Here are my reasons: We have a lot going on in December it would be nice to document it! ; We have a lot going in in December I SHOULD DO IT!; I haven't scrapbooked before so it would be a nice way to start and have something for my kids;  Chad loves Christmas so once this is put together I think he will love this too;  I have A LOT of supplies and an cute album too!  I don't know how I get myself into these things but now that I have decided I am doing it!  God grant me strength!  I will be back tomorrow with my first page.  I would like to say that I am going to be blogging everyday my pages but lets not kid each other!  Plus I have discovered that the light for taking photos is gone by 4 o'clock!  

Yesterday the Hero Arts Flickr group had a 90 minute scramble, and the challenge was a one layer Christmas card!  I thought for a bit and than remembered that I had been planning a winter version of my birdie card.  If you remember I made a summer version here and a fall version here.  I didn't want to make the winter version until after we had snow, which we do now!

I stamped the tree branches and birds the same as the two other cards but colored it differently.  Than I added liquid perfect pearls for snow and added some glitter on top.  I thought it was fun to add snow to the birds backs!  After the liquid pearls it came to me so stamp some snowflakes and with it being a 90 minute challenge I couldn't wait until the perfect pearls dried!  So I stamped it and only smudged one spot!  Love this card!  I very much enjoyed making them all!  A spring one may be similar to the summer but I think I will have to make it!

Well I better run!  It's late over here!  Happy 1st day of December to you!

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

This is so cute, Anita! Love your winter version! Happy 1st day of December to you!

Dawn T said...

loved the card Anita, and good luck with the scraping!!! Can't wait to see some of it here.

Kelly said...

great idea to use the same set for a winter card. Love it!

Lin said...

Love it! Such a simple design, but so endearing......looking forward to the spring version next year!! :))

Good Timing said...

Love the birdies!! :)

Alice said...

this is so cute, Anita! love the snow on the branches! lovely card!

Karen B. said...

You are so wonderful with CAS designs, I love how the colors pop on this card!

Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the sweet CAS design!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates