Thursday, December 23, 2010

Snowflake Picture Frame

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!  It's almost here!  Are you ready?  I am so close!  It's a bit of a crafty Christmas for me, and I would like it to be even more so of a crafty Christmas but time is almost out!  Oh well!  My shopping is done, my wrapping is almost done (have to do it when the kiddos are sleeping otherwise I will be wrapping the same gift several times as Carter doesn't seem to get it!)  I made a picture frame for Chad's grandmother last night and like it so much that I went and bought more to make my mom and Chad's mom one too!  Here it is:

 I bought a plain white 5 by 7 wood frame at Michaels.  I stamped it with a Hero Arts sentiment with Staz on ink, I took the glass and everything out of the frame when I did it so that it would lay as flat as it could.  When I stamped it I took my time lifting the block from the frame because sometimes staz on sticks and not much ink comes off.  Practice on the back like I did to see what works! I decorated the frame with a few silver and sparkly teal Nestabilities snowflakes that I cut out at my photographer/friends house!  Simple but I think it compliments the picture perfect and makes a great gift!  It's great to add to a gift or even alone.

I want to share a cute photo of Ariel:

I hope that you have a great Christmas!  I am so blessed by all of you!

13 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wonderful pictures, Anita! LOVE the one of your daughter in the Santa hat! Gorgeous!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Nat said...

Hi Anita, beautiful family photo, love the frame you have created! Your daughter is so sweet in the santa hat!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous frame and little girl!

Dawn T said...

great frame. Excellent idea for a present for Grandparents etc. Love the photo of Ariel. She is so beautiful Anita.

alexandra s.m. said...

JOYEUX NOEL!!

Great card! and what an adorable picture!

Chark said...

great pics! love the frame too.

Barb said...

Love your beautiful frame, Anita! Merry Christmas!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful frame, Anita! Such a lovely family, and your daughter is too cute! Have a Merry Christmas!

~amy~ said...

such a fun altered frame and I love your pics!!! merry christmas!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous family photo with the snowflake frame! Love this, Anita! Wish you a Merrry Christmas!! Enjoy the food, folks and fun!

Greta said...

This is a wonderful gift! What color is the Staz On ink? I want to try this!

Alice said...

beautiful frame. love it!

Cindy said...

Anita, that frame turned out so pretty! If you run out of snowflakes, feel free to come and visit me again. :)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates