Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Card set for Lisa

Hello!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  I can't beleive how fast it's over!  We had a great Christmas, busy but full of family fun and great food!  With Christmas and boxing day being over the weekend many people are still off until Wednesday!  It makes the holiday last longer!  Chad and I have been enjoying some couple time as my parents took the kids for a sleepover on Sunday night and than my inlaws took all the grandkids for big sleepover last night (Monday)!  It's been nice having time alone with Chad and being able to sleep in!  It's good to be able to recoup after Carter was sick, than me, than Chad over Christmas and now Ariel.  I found myself so busy right before Christmas with the preparations and than busy with Christmas!  

Today I have a card set to share that I made as part of my gift for Chad's sister Lisa.  I made her six cards of the same design but some differences:

Close ups:
Products used:  SU Blossom Party Die, Wilton Doilies, Bazill Cardstock, PTI buttons.  Stamps: Hero Arts CL272, CL371, Horizontal Background, and Friends Def.  PTI polka Dot basics.  Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, Tumbled Glass by Tim Holtz, Colorbox Razzberry Pigment. 

Not the best photos some are on a angle making it look like it's not straight!  I stamped a bunch of backgrounds than die cut them and cardstock and made some flowers.  I made each card a bit different with the layout of the flowers and the buttons.  I really enjoyed making this card set, and she really liked it!  I enjoy making card sets and giving them as gifts.  One of my friends encourages me to even just go through my stacks of cards and gift those, but I think giving a set is better.  I think as I have ideas for sets I am going to work on making them to have on hand for gifts throught the year, or even be ready for Christmas!  Did you give away any cards or card sets this Christmas?  What was the reaction, and if not why not?

Here are some photos from Christmas that I thought I would share:
All of us on Christmas Day just before opening presents..


Christmas tradition before presents the bible passage of Christ's birth is read while the kids act out the nativity!  Hopefully next year Carter will be old enough to take part!  Ariel was an angel.  My favorite moment was when the shepherds (the two girls holding staffs) walked to see Mary and Joeseph, they walked with a hunched back and limps.  No idea why but boy oh boy did we laugh!



And this photo is for you Barb!  It was a Vikings Christmas for Chad and Carter!  Chad loves this hat that says " Future Viking!"  And Carter loves his Viking's footballs and really likes wearing the hat!

Well I hope your having a great week between Christmas and New Years!  Tonight I am taking Ariel to the Nutcracker!  She is quite excited, it's too bad she isn't feeling her best but she doesn't want to miss it!

15 comments:

Dawn T said...

thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures of your family Anita Your children as so darn adorable and good looking....
Your SIL would love that set of cards... awesome.

Ann said...

Love this set, Anita! The colors & the doilies are fab!

What a great-looking family, too! :D

~amy~ said...

doilies and all those fun colors...pure perfection!

Sweet pics too!!!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Anita, these are gorgeous! I am SO lifting this idea! :)

Barb said...

Love the cards you made for Lisa, Anita! Beautiful with the doilies and bright colors! Adore the picture of your little Viking fan! Woo, hoo! Although, after such a horrible year, he may not want to admit being a fan! Ha! Have fun at the play! Hugs and Happy New Year, my friend!

Brenda said...

A lovely set of cards Anita! Beautiful on kraft and with the sweet doilies! Have fun at the play!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love those cards and I love the pics as well!! Happy Holidays!!

donna mikasa said...

Such a pretty set of cards! Love the doilies!

Alice said...

beautiful set of cards, Anita! thanks for sharing all the lovely photos, too! so glad you had a great time!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgoue set for your SIL!! She will love these! Thanks for sharing these photos! Love the pictures of Arial and Carter opening the presents... it's always a magical moment!

ivy said...

i really love this set you made for your SIL! you have great ideas for making card sets! i always need new ideas to make for the teachers at my son's school.
great pics of you & your family!

Anonymous said...

Great card set Anita. Lucky girl you SIL :) Looks like you had a great Christmas:) Happy New year to you and your Family:)

Natasha:)))

Kathy (krolski) said...

Card sets are a great idea! These are really pretty! I love all your photos! Your kids are so precious! Love the story of the shepherds too. :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

These are all so fun and colorful, love this set! Looks like you had such a joyous and heartwarming holiday! Happy New Year!

reflexão said...

Feliz Ano Novo para você e sua família! Neste ano novo seja de realizações. Muita saúde, paz e prosperidade. Que seus sonhos seja começo de realidade. E muito, mas muito sucesso mesmo!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates