Friday, December 31, 2010

My Top 10 Favorite Cards of 2010 and my word of 2011

Hello!  And Happy New Years Eve!  I love the feeling of hope and joy a new year brings!  2010 has been a great year for us, although this past month has been a bit of a trying time with all of us getting sick before, over and after Christmas!  I am looking forward to 2011 as I am believing that it can only get better!  I have been seeing all over bloggers sharing there top 10 favorite cards/projects of 2010.  I thought it would be fun to share mine.  I also thought it would be so easy to pick 10.  How wrong was I?  I picked 20 and than took forever narrowing it down.  I even thought to post my top favorite 15 but it seemed too much!  So here they are in order of when I posted them:




I still love this card, the colors and those ribbon roses!

I made these Valentines sucker pop's for Ariel's preschool class and I remember the happiness I felt making this for her and her classmates!
This was my first attempt with the rolled paper roses.  I won top 5 at Hero Arts with this card and it will forever be one of my favorites.

I have to share one of my cards with this silhouette flower. I love this stamp so and really enjoyed it in 2010, and plan to in 2011 also!  This was my first time trying the pearlized water technique and I was so thrilled when I captured it's shine in a picture!


This is the card I made for my hubby Chad for his birthday!  I think this is the only masculine card I am sharing and it's my favorite of them.

This is a card I made for one of the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge, in the summer I became part of the DT.  I love being on the DT, working with Jenny and the other DT gals has been great!  I really enjoy it!

I think this may be one of my favorite cards because I really enjoyed making it, and the way I used string...

This is one of my favorites because I liked coming up with the embossing and stamping on the embossed circles.  I also have fond memories of this card because it's one of the ones I took to Scrapfest for the card swap we had at our Hero Arts Flickr dinner!

These are the invitations I made for Ariel's birthday.  I loved coloring each princess to look like the little girl receiving the invitation and making them magnets! 

This is my favorite of the Christmas cards I made this year!  I think my favorite part is the twine and the way it loops!

So this is really number 11 but I wanted to pick from my favorite of the card sets and this is it!

Another thing I have seen a lot of bloggers do is pick a word for 2011.  It's Ali Edwards idea you can see more about it here.  I like this idea.  As a new year begins I think we all look at our lives and ponder.  Chad and I have been.  We have been writing down goals and aspirations because we have heard that if you don't write it down you forget and more than likely it doesn't happen.  We also found old plans and goals from before and saw that pretty much everything had been met!  So I encourage you to do the same!  This one word falls into what we already were doing and something I have been pondering.  I have always been a happy person, but I have been finding that with life's little set backs my mood isn't always happy, that I let these little things make me moody.  So my word is joy, it's easy for me to be happy, but I want the joy.  It's easy to be happy in front of others even when your moody.  I want the joy that being happy all the way through brings! I know that through Christ is where I find my joy.  And I am going to focus on that!  

Here are some great bible verses that mention joy:

Isaiah 55:12 - "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." (NIV)

Proverbs 15:13 - "A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit." (NIV)

Psalm 97:11-12 - "Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name." (NIV)


If you've made it all the way here I applaud you.  I know this is my crafty blog but it's also my place to be me.  I hope you enjoy tonight as we ring in the new year!

21 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful creations. Great word too. Joy is a blessing to have in your life. Happy New Year to ya! :)

Anne said...

Love your 10 favorites from 2010- the ribbon roses on the first one are just soooo pretty Anita! Wishing you lots of JOY in 2011 :)

Lin said...

Beautiful post, Anita! I share your choice of "JOY" - it's my word for life! Happy New Year!

stampingandstitching said...

Anita, I loved reading your post and seeing all your gorgeous creations! Happy New Year to you and your family and I hope 2011 is full of joy for you:)

Barb said...

Love your choice for your word, Anita! It's such an important one! And thanks for sharing your faves. . . .love them all!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Thanks for sharing your favorite cards. They're all terrific! And I love your post about your word, joy. In 2010, my word was hope. I'm still pondering my word for 2011. Happy New Year! Wishing you much joy!

Ann said...

What a great review of your cards! Gorgeous work! I've enjoyed working with you thru Wee Memories this year! :D

I'm focusing on happiness in 2011. It's funny, because I was sort of thinking about it, then today I read a blog post about it, found a magazine article about it, & read half of a book about it. God wanted to lead me to it, I guess.

When I think of joy in the Bible, I think about Martha & Mary. I always am more like Martha, when I need to focus more on being like Mary.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Happy New Year, Anita! So fun to see your faves from 2010. I know you'll have JOY in 2011 because you spread joy wherever you go! Hugs to you! Linda W.

Alice said...

beautiful work, Anita! thanks for sharing! Happy New Year to you and yours. All the best wishes for 2011!

Joy said...

Gorgeous works of art Anita, Happy New Year to you, looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful and awe inspiring creations in 2011, hugs!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Anita! Love every single one of them! Hope you had a wonderful New Years :)

Vanessa said...

Happy New Year to you, Anita!!! I hope it will be a fab one for you! Hugs, Vanessa x

Sanne said...

Happy new year Anita - what a great top 10 - beautiful cards!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Hi Anita! What a wonderful post -- love all these cards and your word is just perfect! 2011 hugs to you! :)

ivy said...

i love your ribbon roses card! love it love it love it!

Karina Beck said...

Gorgeous top 10!
Happy New Year
Karina Beck ( from flickr ; ) )

Teresa Kline said...

what a gorgeous top 10...wishing you much happiness and success in 2011!

enjoy *~*

Courtney Baker said...

Fabulous cards in 2010~! I can't wait to see what you create in 2011!

Dawn T said...

love your top 10 cards too Anita and the rest of your post is thoughtful as well.... I wish you JOY for 2011

Jinny Newlin said...

Such beautiful creations, Anita! May you find true joy in 2011!

Sharon D from Canada said...

What lovely cards, Anita! And I love that you included a comment about what made you pick each one as a fav!
Wishing you joy for 2011!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates