Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Rudolf the Retro Reindeer

Hello!  Only 10 days until Christmas! Thank you for your sweet comments on my last post of my kids with Santa!  :>  It's been a busy couple of days over here.  On Monday I went shopping for 10 hours, yes you read that right 10!  My SIL and I went to a mall across the city and all the stores along the way, did a lot of searching and thinking so that's why it took so long!  We also enjoyed a nice dinner at Olive Garden, yum!  I only have 1 present left to buy!  And many to make!  ACK!  Yesterday I went with Ariel on her class field trip to a retirement home.  They sang Christmas songs and poems!  It was so sweet!  Driving on the bus for a half an hour each way was not!  

I have another Christmas card to share today!  This one I made with Retro Christmas, I really love this reindeer!

I embossed the background with my Tim Holtz folder, isn't it pretty?  The bottom is velum that I hand cut to shape than lined with glossy accents and glitter over top! The twine is from The Twinery,  love there twine!

I better run!  I hope to catch up on blogs tomorrow when Ariel is in school!  :>

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Totally lovely!! Love the twine... I just bought some recently and haven't used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration! Have fun making gifts, Anita!

Barb said...

Love that vellum snow, Anita! Really sweet card!

Brenda said...

Another beautiful card Anita! YOu're right, that little reindeer is the cutest! Love the idea of creating snow with Vellum!

Lin said...

Such a bright and cheery one, Anita - and good for you for getting that list crossed off!

Dawn T said...

this is such a sweet card Anita. Love the reindeer.

ivy said...

10 hours??? that MUST be a record!!

cute retro reindeer card! so cute!

Karen B. said...

Love what you've done with the reindeer, well, your whole card in general! Lots of great inspiration.

Nat said...

the Tim Holtz embossing folders are great! love this one and your super sweet reindeer. Have a great day!

Tiffany Ervin said...

10 hours?? Oh my! You are a super shopper!! I think I would faint after just 3 hours! :) Love the color combo on your card, it is so darling!

Alice said...

simply beautiful! love the embossed snowflake background. fab card, Anita! wow! i don't know if i can survive 10 hours of shopping... glad that you got most of it done!

Ann said...

LOVE this, Anita!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates