Friday, December 17, 2010

Retro Tags

Hello!  I wanted to post today to share some tags and to share with you that my son Carter is sick with Scarlet Fever.  He woke up yesterday sick but it was different than a regular fever because his face was all chapped and red and his eyes were swollen, later I noticed a rash.  I am very glad that I took him to the pediatrician right away as now he is on medication and is starting to do better.  Giving him the medication has been a huge ordeal as he has never been on any.  I am thankful that the pharmacy ordered the banana flavor of the medication and is charging me less for this new prescription   Everyone else seems to be doing fine.  I am not sure about me as my throat is hurting and I do feel a bit under the weather.  I wonder if we will make it to the family gathering this weekend!  Ariel has her Holiday dance recital for her ballet class and hip hop class, I really want her and us to be able to go!

Here are a set of tags that I made.  I made a few of them.  I had planned to use them for myself, to give them away if I needed to.  Than I changed my mind and thought to make something else for the teachers, but now with what's going on this may be the teacher gift.  We shall see!

I used the Practicing Creativity set Retro Christmas for these tags.  It's hard to tell but the candy cane has a thin layer of tape with glitter on it!  Really blings it up!  What do you think, if I make a pretty card to hold them it would be a good teacher's gift right?  It may have to be!  :>

11 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh no!! Hope Carter gets well really soon so you can all enjoy the holidays! Big hugs to you, poor guy! I love your sweet tags!!

Barb said...

Love your tags, Anita! So festive with the stripes! I hope Carter feels better soon! Did they tell you that strep throat can cause scarlet fever? My son had strep once when he was little, and we didn't know it because he never complained of his throat hurting. I only found out about it when I took him in for the rash he had developed. You maybe want to have YOUR throat checked. Hugs!

Tracey said...

Awesome tags ANita! PERFECT teacher gift for sure!! Hope Carter is 100% soon! AND hope you are fine too!!

Dawn T said...

wonderful tags Anita. Sorry to hear Carter has Scarlett Fever. Lucky you got onto it so quickly as it can be awful for the little ones. Maybe you have a touch yourself.... do take care. It would be a shame to miss Ariel's recital.

Nat said...

Hi Anita, love these retro ornaments, these tags are so cool!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love these tags Anita!

Alice said...

awww.... hope both your boy and you feel better soon. get lots of rest, 'k. big hugs to you! beautiful tags! love the simple designs and those stamps are so cute!

Diana said...

These are just PERFECT Anita. Thanks for visiting me! Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute Anita! Also I love your cute card for this weeks Wee Memories challenge - so adorable! :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Adorable tags Anita! I sure hope Carter feels better soon!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE these tags, Anita!! the colors and lines are so festive and lovely! I wish Carter a speedy recovery! Thank goodness for banana flavored med!!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates