Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Daily First Page!

Hello!  A quick post as I am about to run out the door to my first ever parent teacher conference!  Eek!  Ariel brought home a great report card so I am not that nervous but still I hated it when my parents went!  I finished Day 1 of my December Daily!  We had professional photos taken of our family  for our Christmas card and I mentioned to our photographer that I was doing the December Daily (which she has done before!) and that I was going to use a picture from our session when we got it.  She was so kind to email me one of our family photos so here's my first page:


As you can tell I am using a shaped album.  It's about 5 by 7.  I figure it's easier for me since I haven't scrapbooked before!  I went with a white and silver color scheme since it complimented the picture and let the picture shine.  I embossed in silver the Hero Arts snowflakes from 2 sets.  I thought the sentiment worked and didn't journal as there wasn't much room.  I still need to buy some numbers!  I still have to cut out the wholes for the coil, need to figure out how to do that without being too messy!

Well I am off looking forward to going to a baby shower for my close friend tonight.  I mentioned a bit ago about waiting for her to have her baby since she didn't know the gender and had 2 boys already, well she had a girl!  We are so excited for her!  Can't wait to celebrate by giving her some dresses I bought!

12 comments:

Virginia L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia L. said...

LOVE your color scheme, Anita! Beautiful family you have! You must do a scrap page soon!

Cindy said...

Very nice, Anita! The silver and white looks great with the photo.

Alice said...

love the pretty color scheme you went with. beautiful page, Anita!

Barb said...

Anita, I can tell you're going to be a natural at scrapbooking! So important to remember these fun days with your kids! Beautiful page! You all look wonderful in the photo!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous LO Anita. Perfect for day 1.... lovely photo of the family

donna mikasa said...

Lovely family photo, Anita! What a great start to your album. Looking forward to seeing more...

~amy~ said...

Such a great pic!! Love your shaped December daily! Baby girls are so much fun to buy for:)

Kelley Eubanks said...

This looks great Anita! Now I want to take my pics somewhere to print! :) I am ready to get a page or 2 done! :) Love your family pic!! :)

ivy said...

what a lovely family you have anita! color coordinated & all!

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful family you are!

Ayana Posadas said...

What a fabulous family photo, Anita! You have such a beautiful family!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates