Friday, June 3, 2011

Typewriter Father's Day Card

Hello!  I hope that you've laughed today!  :>  Life has been pretty good around here.  Ariel only has school twice this week and Tuesday was early dismissal so she has been home with us more which I enjoy.  I counted how many days she has left of school before summer and it's only 9 even though she isn't done until the end of June.  The weather here has been weird.  The weather channel is wrong and it's nice at times and than horrible wind and rain!  They are calling for between 70 to 90 kilometers an hour wind!  But at times it's calm and the kids play outside. 

I have a Father's Day card to share today.  I have a lot of Father's day cards to make and I just had to make one with my favorite typewriter stamp by Hero Arts:



I realized that I hadn't made a card with the typewriter stamp horizontally yet so I wanted to try that.  I embossed the typewriter with chestnut embossing powder by Zing.  It's a pretty clean design but I like it!

Last night (Wednesday) I went out (again) to see another movie!  Yes I know two nights in a row?  Oh well it worked out that way and I did want to see both movies.  And really it's actually my third movie in like 5 days.  (You can guess which movie I saw with hubby on the weekend that just came out but I am not admitting on my blog that I saw it.....curious?  You know which one!)  Anyways I went out with a few girl friends and saw and laughed my pants off:





I laughed so hard.  I love funny movies.  Sure I enjoy chick flicks, and I enjoy "real" stories but what I love to do is laugh.  And yes this movie has some really inappropriate parts but the humor is worth it!  And maybe the movie I saw over the weekend made this one seem not that bad! 

Well I better head to bed!  Have a great night!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm thinking that movie starts with H...and it's on my list to see along with Bridesmaids :) Love your card today...wonderful for father's day!

~amy~ said...

such a great card..love that typerwriter. I heard from my friend that the "H" movie was even more racier than the first one..ha. I've heard that bridesmaids is funny..

Tiffany Ervin said...

Perfect Father's Day card, love that notebook edge on the right side! Thanks for the enabling on the movie, that's probably my 2nd biggest 'hobby' is relaxing with a movie of any kind really, I'm so open to all sorts!

sheila said...

this card looks great! really a perfect father's day card but a design that is so versatile it could be used again and again....love the edging.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is such a fabulous Father's Day card! That typewriter set is still on my wish list. ;) Thanks for the review on Bridesmaids!

Brenda said...

Perfect masculine card Anita! Great colour combo!

Alice said...

really cool masculine card, Anita! love the simple design, too!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates