Thursday, June 23, 2011

Grad Cards!

Hello!  Happy Thursday!  I thought I would pop in with some grad cards!  First up let me say that I do not enjoy making grad cards.  I find it for me the hardest card to make! I make cards for my church bookstore and grad cards are a must!  Today I have two to share:



I do like this one.  I thought that this paper would work as it has navy in it (and that's my church's school color) and went with this color scheme for it.  Stamped the graph background in white.  I love the tassel, I think it really adds to the card and they are fun to make!

Here is my second, it's similar to the card I made for Chad for Father's Day!


 Used some :awn Fawn on this one! Making cute grad cards is my favorite.  :>

Poor Carter he has a skin infection!  He has a very bad big rash on his hip and it looked like it was spreading so we took him to the pediatrician.  And sure enough he has a skin infection!  No clue as to how or why but when it started it looked like excema.  He's on antibiotics and a cream so it should help.  I noticed that his big rash did look a bit better today so I have hope.  It's only his second time on antibiotics and this time he is taking it A LOT better.  Very thankful for that!

What do you have planned to do today?  I plan to do some baking and stamping!  I am going on a girls weekend this weekend and have been asked to bring some baking!  So I sure have a lot of baking to do!  And I really need to get more of my teacher card sets done.  I had thought to make sets for several teachers but with time passing I don't think I can.  I couldn't focus on it until I was done my test this past Monday.  Now I am thinking of making the turtle tarts since I've never made it for anyone at her school.  Wrap them up and a tag.  That should be good for the librarian, gym teacher and music teacher?  And give her teacher and teacher's helper and the principal a card set.  I've also bought supplies to make all the kids in her class a treat so it's going to be busy over here!  

I am off to make some peanut butter cookies!

14 comments:

Virginia L. said...

You are like a pro when it comes to grad cards! These two are A Plus!! Have fun baking...that's what I plan to do this weekend and maybe catch a movie? Hope Carter is all better! The skin problem is very annoying as it can take a while to heal. So be patient (I know, easy for me to say--LOL)! xo

Barb said...

I love them both, Anita! They are wonderful with the fun images and colors! Hope Carter gets better soon!

Tania said...

Great work.... would love to know more about how you sell your cards. That's something I'd like to do, esp. if I could benefit my church, too.

Dawn T said...

Great cards Anita. Love the little owl. Sounds like a very very busy time coming up... enjoy the girls weekend first. Glad Carter is on the mend.

Kelly said...

love the pop of color on the grad hat on the first and the owl is darling on the second. Hope the rash goes away quickly!

Hmmmm turtle tarts....

Kryssi said...

Cute set!!! Baking + stamping sounds like so much fun!! Hope you have a blast!!

Brenda said...

These are super cards Anita! Love your colour scheme! I have to get those Lawn Fawn stamps, they are just so versatile! Happy baking!

Char Dobson said...

Adorable! I especially love that super cute owl one!

Anonymous said...

These are such cute grad cards Anita! Love all of them esp the cute owls! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Love these 2 cards Anita!!
TFS~

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww love your grad cards. That owl is so super sweet. Have fun baking. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Oohhh, is that the HA grid background? I totally want that! These cards are so fabulous. You are totally selling all the stamps and dies you used to make both. I love them, Anita! I hope Carter's healing quickly, too.

Amy Kolling said...

I just love this Anita!!! Love the grid background and the little polaroid "scene" you made! Super sweet!

CanadianScraps43 said...

I saw this card in the Gallery Idol and I feel in love with it instantly! You are indeed a pro with Grad cards and whomever gets this gem will treasure it always I am sure. So sorry to hear about Carter! Poor little sweetie. I pray that he is back to his oldself real soon. Hugs.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates