Thursday, June 16, 2011

Two Father's Day Cards!

Hello!  It's an absolute beautiful day over here and I am taking a break in the air conditioning!  Thought I would pop in with two more Father's Day Cards!  These ones I made with some masculine PTI sets that my good generous stamping friend loaned me and some HA background stamps!  
OUT FOR PUBLICATION!



This second card is very me and like something I've done before.  Sometimes it's easier when your making masculine cards to do something you've done before but a bit different.  It's a good starting point!  I stamped the fish from the masculine motif's set by PTI covered it in glossy accents and once dry stamped over it with HA's envelope background with antique linen distress ink.   I used one of my new background stamps by HA Word Pop's on the background.  (Love this stamp have BIG plans for it!)  Added some buttons and voila!  Don't you love the sentiment?

I have a two funny stories to share.  Last week while at the farm on Ariel's field trip we spent the day with a group of kids and mom volunteer's, and Ariel's teacher was in our group too.  At almost the end of the day one of the mom's said to another mom "Oh you know with delivering babies and all"  I look at her and say "Oh your an obstetrician?"  To which she replied yes, I asked her her name and it turns out she delivered Carter!  How funny is that?  Had she not told me her name I may never have figured it out!   She wasn't my obstetrician but worked with mine and she was on duty that day!  I even had an appointment with her before the birth!  Once I knew her name and all that I recognized her!  All the other mom's and Ariel's teacher thought it was hilarious.  In my defense Carter was a fast birth.  I arrived at the hospital around 1:20 in the afternoon they checked me and before I knew it were screaming emergency and wheeling me to a room!  I had only gone since I was tired of being home and was dreading the car ride!  On the drive over Chad was on the phone telling family not to rush he didn't think the baby would be here for another few hours.  After not even 15 minutes Carter arrived at 1:45!  Don't be all jealous I had a hard time with Ariel's birth were talking my water broke on Tuesday and she didn't come till Thursday (28 hours of being induced!)  Oh and that obstetrician is etched in my memory I could probably draw you a picture of her!  It's kind funny that her son is in Ariel's class!  Because the obstetrician who delivered Ariel son was in her music class for 2 years!

And my other funny story is that on Monday we walked the park.  While at the park at about the time we would want to go home I saw a car drive by that looked like ours.  Chad was out showing houses so it could really be him.  I could see two car seats in it, it was the same car same color and the driver looked like Chad.  So I waved.  The car slowed down and turned around and came to the park.  I was happy it's about a 20 minute walk home!  But I realized it wasn't Chad!  How embarrassing so I kinda waved an apology and walked away. The driver opens his window and calls out "I thought you were my wife!  She was wearing a green shirt when I left the house!" (I was wearing a green shirt too!) I than told him I thought he was my husband!  LOL He said that they have two boys and live a bit from the park and he could see me with a boy so he really thought it was his wife!  I told him we have the same car and I could see two car seats in the same spots!  Too funny!  And I will not be waving at any cars that I think are mine again!

Hope your having a great week!  Looking forward to a girls night tonight!  Going out for dinner with some of the volunteers from stay and play!

8 comments:

Karen B. said...

Those are some funny stories! I told my husband that I think we are done (and very happy with two boys!) having children because my OB moved away and I wouldn't deliver with anyone else! Lovely father's day cards, you make great masculine cards.

sheila said...

Great Father's Day cards and I love your stories....don't you just love it when you have the type of happy coincidences that you just had with both the obstetrician and the man in the car? ;-D

Dawn T said...

Awesome cards Anita. Father's Day in NZ isn't till Sept so all this wonderful inspiration will be handy. I laughed at your two stories... you really do have to be careful who you wave at!

Brenda said...

Love both your cards and very funny stories!

Emily Leiphart said...

Love your cards, Anita, and the stories are hilarious, especially that second one. LOL

Alice said...

fabulous Father's Day cards, Anita! love the colors and designs!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious, girl! I'm rolling and so needed some laughs! TFS! Your cards are perfect for any guy! LOVE the color combos! So glad I made a stop by your blog-o today!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Your cards are so wonderful, but the second is my fav. Wow love how you used the envelope pattern back ground stamp. I want it so much. Lol. I so loved your two funny stories. But I guess you won't be waving at any more guys who drive cars that look like yours. Lol. Thansk for sharing.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates