Saturday, June 4, 2011

June Wee Memories Blog Hop

Hello!  Happy Saturday!  It's the first Saturday of the month and I am here with the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!  You should have arrived here from our June Guest Designer Kristy's blog!  If not join us at Jenny's blog here!


This week our sponsor is Amber Ink!  They have such cute and fun images!  Our challenge is Anything Goes!  I got to play with the fun set But I need it!  And I created:




I paper pieced the dress and shopping bags with papers from My Mind's Eye.  I enjoyed coloring and gluing this card together.  Tied a bow to bring it all together!  When I was finished I looked at it and thought to myself, hey this is me before I had kids!  The long flowing blonde hair the dress and the many bags WAS so me.  Oh I loved to shop.  I realize now that I am not nearly as bad as I was.  Is it because I am older and wiser?  Not as much time to shop?  Not working leading to not as much money to shop?  I think all of it!  And I don't wear dresses like I used to, it wasn't easy to nurse a baby in a dress and I nursed my kids for over a year each so I think I just got used to not wearing them!  After typing all of this I realized something, now I don't love shopping for me, I love shopping for my kids!  Ha! But it's not as bad right?  They grow so much and there clothes are cheaper!

I really hope you join us and play, and starting with this challenge for the summer our challenges will run for 2 weeks! Summer is a busy time for everyone so this is a great idea! This challenge ends Friday June 17th 11:59 PST. Your next stop on the hop is Ann!  I hope that you have a great weekend!

19 comments:

Laurel said...

I love this!

Lin said...

Cute card, Anita! That was me, too (but never had the long flowing hair ;)) - beware, once the kids are grown and gone, the shopping bug will return! Mine was nipped by retirement, though :) Happy weekend!

Lynn said...

Adorable!Love all the paper piecing. I think my clothes shopping has move to stamp/craft shopping!!

~amy~ said...

such a fun card...love all the paper piecing and that seems to be my motto..

Unknown said...

Love it! Great job coloring and paper piecing her together, and the bow is the perfect touch along the bottom. Beautiful! ;D

Barb Ghig said...

Such a cute card, Anita! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Carlie M. said...

Adorable card! Love the paper piecing and the sentiment cracks me up! Sometimes I feel that way about paper....LOL

Giovana said...

This is an awesome card Anita! These images are perfect for paper piecing.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a fun card, Anita!

Dawn T said...

Love this card Anita... it reminds me of my 25yr old daughter! I bet she'll be like you once she decides to have kids. But till then she loves shopping!!!!

Lea L. said...

This is super cute! I love all her paper pieced bags and dress!!

Laurel Beard said...

So cute! Love all the paper piecing.

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this Amber Ink image and your paper piecing really brings it to life. I love it!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Hehe!! Totally love that sentiment and the girl is a doll! I used to be such a shopper of clothing, now, I'd rather buy paper and stamps, funny, eh? Love that ribbon tie!

Unknown said...

So cute Anita! Thanks for having me this month!

Brenda said...

Love this image Anita! Gorgeous bow! Oh yes, shopping has changed for me too!

Elizabeth Hart said...

OH MY GOODNESS -- I say this all the time. A very darling card.

Alice said...

hee... looks like she is having lots of fun shopping! love the paper piecing and design. lovely card, Anita! hope you have a fabulous week! =)

Nat said...

this is such a fun design, love the pp and beautiful bow too!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates