Saturday, June 18, 2011

Party Time! And Dance Recital Pictures!

Hello!  Happy Saturday!  It's a great one this weekend as we celebrate our dad's!  I am here with a new Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge! This week our sponsor is Eat Cake Graphics!  I love there description on there site:  "an online rubber stamp and quilt pattern company where whimsy abounds & laughter always prevails."  

We have such a fun challenge this week, It's Party Time!  So create some birthday cards, invitations, gifts etc!  Can't wait to see what you make!  This challenge came at a great time for me as I've ran out of girl birthday cards!  My daughter had 4 birthday parties in one week!  And she has two next week, so this is for one of them:

I used the Pure Innocence - Something Special Just for You stamps by My Favorite Things and did a bit of paper piecing with one of my new paper packs Lime Twist by My Mind's eye (love this pad!)  Some fun buttons, and twine by the Twinery!

Last night was Ariel's dance recital! I can't tell you how excited we were!  Ariel took two dance classes this year Ballet/Tap/Jazz and Too Cool Hip Hop!  So she had two dances!  I am going to warn you I have a lot of photos to share.  I can't help it!  Here are a bunch of photos of her in her hip hop costume:


Yes I know what your thinking that Anita has gone pageant on Ariel's face!  Haha I so enjoyed making her up, you should put makeup on them due to the lights otherwise there features will be washed out!  I can see why some mom's love pageants, I so enjoyed making her all up!  They wanted the girls hair up in ponytails with curls and my neighbor whose daughter is in Ariel's class said we should do them on the side so you can see it from the front, what a great idea!  Here is a close up of the hair:




I actually volunteered backstage with all the kids!  It was interesting!  Being asked over and over and over when are we going to dance?  But I am glad I did because I got to watch from backstage and get a good look and some really good photos.  The recital was at the concert hall so getting good photos in my seat would have been really hard!  I couldn't use my flash but you can see some really good ones:



  After Ariel danced this dance she changed and went to the other class (all in one room) that I was actually in charge of.  Loved being backstage got some great photos of all the kids:





So neat!  I was so happy I volunteered at this point as I was able to get a video so close up! 

If you would like to see a short video of this dance you can see it on my flickr account here.
And here is Ariel at the end, I had put some mascara on her as I don't have any eyeliner, she cried at the end since she was so tired so you can see that it's a bit black under her eye:

Afterward we stopped and got some dessert and came home, Chad's mom came to watch too and Chad's dad stayed with Carter.  He was asleep on the couch when we got home but Carter was still awake and playing!

I hope you enjoyed the photos!  It was so fun!  And I hope you will join us for this challenge!  For the summer the challenges run for 2 weeks so this one goes until Friday July 1st 11:59 pm PST!!!  Make sure to stop on by the Wee Memories Blog for more info and to check out the always amazing design teams creations!

18 comments:

Laurel said...

Cute card and darling little girl!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Cute card, Anita! And thanks for sharing Ariel's cute recital pics. She's adorable!

Anette said...

Such a cute card, and adorable pictures of Ariel and friends!

Giovana said...

Beautiful card! and you girl is adorable :)

Barb said...

Love your adorable card, Anita! The papers and colors are wonderful! Ariel looks so sweet in all these fun photos!

Lynn said...

Had a smile about your father in law being asleep with your little guy! Your daughter is absolutely adorable...loved all the pictures...I'll live vicariously through you with your little girl!

PS Cute card too!

Brenda said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos! Your daughter is just so pretty and charming in her outfits! Love your colorful birthday card which reminds me that I need to make one in a hurry!

Dawn T said...

Cute as card Anita. I love the PI stamps. And all the wonderful pictures of Ariel. She is so pretty and no wonder you are proud.

Tiffany Ervin said...

What a sweet and colorful card, love the paper piecing! Your little girl looks precious with her pretty hair do!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How darling, Anita! So fun to see the video over on Flickr too!

Robin K. said...

Thanks for sharing such adorable pictures of your daughter and her friends Anita! Love that hip hop outfit! Your card was super cute too - love all the paper piecing with that fab pp!

Clare said...

Such an adorable card! I love all the fun colors, the ADORABLE image, and the fun twine!
I really enjoyed looking at the pictures of Ariel - she is so precious and looks SO much like her gorgeous mom! ;)

Emily Leiphart said...

I love your sweet card but I enjoyed the photos of Ariel more! Those costumes are fantastic and I love how you did her makeup and hair. Cute, cute, cute!! I can imagine how tired you were having to manage all those girls!

Alice said...

very cute and delightful card, Anita! and i love all the photos from Ariel's dance recitals! she is a cutie and so happy to hear that you all had a great time! thanks for sharing!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE your card Anita...one of my fave stamps!! The photo's of your princess are just adorable brings back memories for me with my two....Hugs!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such great photos! She's just all smiles, and I can totally tell that she's loving every minute of her time in the spotlight, just as Mommy is :). Cute card, too! But your baby steals the show!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet card and a darling little girl!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Great for you Anita getting her out there and being social with others her age group. Seems like she has made some great friends. She is a real tropper being in three groups. She is a reall sweeite in her outfits. Love the card by the way. I have some of these images and forget to use them. Now you have challenged me to use them again. Hugs.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates