Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Best Dad Ever

Hello!  Happy Tuesday!  I had a good morning a good friend came over with her two boys!  Carter had a playmate and I had good conversation and got to cuddle a little baby!  We just finished lunch and soon it will be nap time for Carter and peace and quiet for me!  :>  I love that Carter loves his naps!  I wanted to pop in with another Father's day card.  I am still working on them and feel into the groove right now.  I picked up this sentiment stamp at Micheal's couldn't resist because I like the sentiment!

I stamped the envelope background with antique linen and made it manly and "rugged" by distressing the edges with a distresser and ink.  Stamped my favorite branch from Delicate Leaf Clusters with shabby shutters ink.  Stamped the sentiment and added some buttons and twine. I am also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Father's Day challenge!

I am quite behind on my project 365.  I have been taking pictures and we have been busy but I am rethinking how I do it.  I think I may only blog about certain days of the week that we do things or funny moments?  I think I just need to sit down and type it out before I forget!  It's been busy here with warm weather, last ballet classes and practices, hubby playing baseball and all of that fun Spring stuff!

I have also been potty training Carter.  He will be 3 in August.  I figured I would wait until he was ready.  I didn't want to be arguing with him about it.  I knew that would not work at all!  A few weeks ago he started taking his pants and diaper off often so I pulled the potty to the living room!  We work on it whenever we are at home.  It was a while of him being bottomless at home and no accidents!  He now can wear underwear and go but I haven't tried out and about yet.  I am going slow and at his rate.  It's so much easier!

I did want to share something funny that Ariel said the other day.  In the car I was working with Carter with his sounds.  We were practicing V so I said Beaver and Ariel questioningly says "Justin Beaver?"  LOL She has no idea who he is!  We laughed pretty hard at that one!

Hope you are having a fabulous day!  Thank you so much for visiting and your always kind comments!

13 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Such a simple design...love this, Anita! Very masculine, too. Good luck with potty training!

~amy~ said...

FAB CAS masculine card...kids say the funniest things:)

Virginia L. said...

Love this Father's Day card! the sentiment is FAB! I must check out Micheal's more often ;) That Bieber/Beaver is too funny! Good luck on Carter's potty training!

Barb said...

Perfect card for a dad, Anita! Love the sentiment! You're doing the right thing with Carter. I did the same with my two boys, waiting until they wanted to do it. . .so much easier! The pediatrician told me that as long as they are not wearing diapers when they start kindergarten it's just fine. Although now-a-days, there are preschools that want them potty trained. Hope it keeps going smoothly! Hugs! :)

Patty said...

Just saw your card on Flickr Anita. Beautiful simple design. I love it!

Brenda said...

Great masculine card Anita! Love the sentiment, twine and button! So funny about Ariel, Justin's name pops up a lot in our house! No idea why!

Dawn T said...

Great Fathers Day card Anita. I really like the sentiment.

Lynn said...

Anita, your potty training stories gave me a chuckle! We used to not let our boys leave the tile floor in the kitchen! Great father's day card...love the color scheme!

Emily Leiphart said...

Love your Father's Day card, Anita! But more importantly, I loved reading about Carter's potty training. Damian will be three in August, too!! We started potty training him recently. People kept telling us he is too old and that he should've been trained long ago but he's so feisty and headstrong. Carter and Damian sound quite alike! Glad things are going well for you and Carter. I love it when Damian naps and I have my crafty time, too. ;)

Emily Leiphart said...

P.S. I wonder if Justin Bieber would find that funny. LOL

Anne said...

Love your clean and simple design on this fabulous Father's day card! Your comments about potty training and the Justin Beiber/beaver really made me giggle Anita :) Some days I really miss all those precious toddler times with my little guy. Hugs, Anne

Tiffany Ervin said...

That sentiment goes perfectly with the leaf cluster stamp, truly elegant!! Love the colors!

Alice said...

this is so pretty, Anita! love the stamping on the background. beautiful card!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates