Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day a Day Late!

Hello!  I hope that you have had a great start to the week!  I am here with a Father's Day post!  A day late!  Yesterday was a busy day and I wrote a test for my course today so I spent most of the day studying!  I wanted to share with you my card that I made for my hubby for Father's Day!




I really love this card.  It's a mix of 3 different stamp companies.  I used the Polaroid stamp by Lawn Fawn and added a wallet sized photo of my two from Easter.  I think using this photo of my two on Chad's Father's Day card works so well!  I stamped the sentiments from PTI, used a piece of pp from the Lime Twist collection some twine by the Twinery.  I stamped the background with Hero Arts Graph background.  Chad loved this card!!!

I've been blessed to have been raised by one amazing dad.  I always knew he loved me and that I was cherished. He worked hard to give me a good life.  I know that I can still count on my dad.  And I love seeing how he is as a Djeda (Croatian for grandpa, grandma is Baka) to my kids.  He loves them.  He often just stops by for a quick visit because he missed them!

I am also blessed to be married to a man who is an amazing dad to our kids.  From when Ariel was a baby I could see he was as enamored with her as me, and later with Carter.  I love how we both still race to watch our children sleep!  Raising kids with your partner really is such a joy and such a wonderful life!  I love that Chad is one of those dad's that I can be gone and life still goes on like normal, he knows what to do! 

Hope you have a great week!  :>  I will be getting busy with some card sets now that I am done studying I can focus on that!  Ariel only has 4 days left of school! 

13 comments:

Jay Gee said...

This is a great card... fabulous photo of your children and I love the layout :)

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely card. Cute photo of your kids Anita.

Dawn T said...

wonderful card Anita. So special.

Lynn said...

Anita, a great post for your hubby...love the splash of color on the card and beautiful photo of your little ones.

CinnamonSally said...

Love this unique card your DH must have been thrilled!!

Robin K. said...

This is such a great layout Anita -Love how you used the photo of the kids with the polaroid stamp! I'll bet your dh adores this!

Kathy (krolski) said...

What a special card. I'm sure your hubby loved it! Your kids are adorable.

Alice said...

such a sweet photo card, Anita! really cute photo, too! fabulous work as always!

ivy said...

what a fun card! and your kiddos are so cute!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely adorable! I know that your hubby felt and is truly treasured!

Char Dobson said...

This is fabulous! I love how you added a photo to the card.

Emily Leiphart said...

Awww, this is so sweet, Anita! I love the photo of Carter and Ariel and how you pieced together the PTI sentiment.

CanadianScraps43 said...

God sure knew what He was doing when He allowed Dads to be the other important role model in a child's life. And for that Dad to provide love, encouragment, guidance, respect, dicipline, and affection to a child is more than a mother can ask or pray for. So I too can agree with you in how blessed you feel today for a wonderful man to be your friend, hubby, and father of your two beautiful children. To know that you have an extension of yourself at home with your kids when your not there is truly a comfort and peace. This card today is gorgeous and I am more than sure that Chad feels equally blessed to have them and you in his life. May God continue to bless you in all that you do! Hugs.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates