Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sweet Threads Congrats!

Hello!  It's a beauitful day over here and even though I had some fun stamping this am!  The other day I was cleaning and was a bit frustrated and my hubby told me to stop cleaning and it was time to get happy and go do something that I want to do.  He asked me "What do you want to do?"  And I looked at him and said "I want to stamp" and he looked surprised and told me to go and do it and I did.  And I was a lot happier.  I think he got it.  I am pretty sure he used to get it but must have forgotten or something.  Since than after he sees me creating he asks me about it.  :>  Let's hope that also means he understands my need to buy new things!  LOL Well I've gotten A LOT of new things lately that I haven't touched so really I shouldn't be buying new things!  Today's card uses some new stamps and papers!

I made this card for two challenges.  One is the current challenge at the Hero Arts Blog is Congratulations.  And I am also entering this card into the Paper Crafts Magazine challenge of Gallery Idol.  I am happy that it's open to us international gals this time!  It's rather terrifying to put oneself out there like this but I guess really what do I have to lose?  It's better to try than sit on the sidelines right?

I started this card by stamping the damask image from the Hero Arts Sweet Threads Thank You in a pattern with antique linen Tim Holtz ink all over the white cardstock.  I than stamped the flower with versamark ink and embossed it with ruby and citrus recollections embossing powders.  What I did so that the ruby powder wouldn't get onto the stem is that I put a plastic knife in between the flower and the stem when I poured the ruby powder. Than I stamped the leaves after embossing the flower.  I stamped the congrats sentiment with versmark also and embossed with chestnut zing powder.  Added some paper from the Sweet Threads paper pad and some twine by the Twinery.

Last time I was at Micheal's I noticed that the recollections line has colored embossing powder!  I am sure you can imagine how excited I was with my love for embossing!  Although I think the colors emboss darker than the bottle I took a picture of them to show you.  I thought that the ruby color was a hot pink but Chad thinks it's more of a red.  I wanted hot pink!

Today was such a nice day Carter and I enjoyed spending it outside.  Ariel had school, at the start of June she had 9 days of school and now she is done to 4!  Yay!  Since Ariel has been home she has been playing with the little girl who lives across the street.  They can be found where they always can be found:
Chad and I decided to get the kids a swingset this year.  We were in the process of saving for it when one of his clients of a home he sold were moving out of province and the new owners did not want the swingset!  So we got a swingset!  LOL  We wanted a nice wood one or a bigger one but really how could we not be happy with this one? (BTW Chad is sad about the grass going under the swings but I told him grass is cheap and happy children are more worth it!)  I tuned the water/sand table into just a water table and here is Carter having a lot of fun and getting oh so wet (at least it isn't sandy and wet!)

And what's a better treat than a Popsicle?  Oh I know a homemade healthy one!  I blended some banana's, strawberries, threw a few raspberries in there, yogurt and a bit of juice.  The kids LOVE them!  And I love that they are healthy and probably cheaper than store bought ones!  Last  night after coming home all hot from the park they asked for ice cream but were thrilled to get these instead!

Well I've been cooking dinner as I've written this post and it's done now!  Hope are having great weather too where you are!

15 comments:

Brenda said...

That is a stunning card Anita! I think that you have paired it off beautifully with those gorgeous papers and I adore the background you created! Your kids look really happy and that ice cream looks and sounds very yummy!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful card, Anita and those EP are very pretty. I have seen them in Michael's but walked right past them - must taker a closer look. The little ones look happy and you are right, what is a piece of grass compared to happy playing children :o)

Lynn said...

I love the pictures of your little one and friend swinging...and the ground shows happy little ones. Our yard looks the same! Pat tries to plant new grass every year which lasts for about a day!

And way to go on your challenge entry! I love the background stamp!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card and I am glad that you entered this card for the Gallery Idol!!! You never know....right? Hope all is well and tfs!!

CanadianScraps43 said...

I love your card too Anita. I love the contrast between the stamped image and the rainbow looking ribbon and that twine makes it complete. Just so pretty. Love seeing the kids having so much fun. Can't wait till my kid is done school too. Being a private school he gets out early, does your kids? Whatever the case the count down is on hey! Thanks so much for your loving comments on my blog Anita. Your a real sweetheart and so glad I met another Canadian gal in our Flicker group. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous Anita! Love all that embossing! Good luck with Gallery Idol! :)

Barb said...

Good for you, Anita, going for Gallery Idol! Best of luck! Love your card! The colors look fab and love the design too!

Lin said...

Love this card, Anita! I have my eye on that flower stamp. They took our Michael's away, so now I have to travel to get to one - thanks for the heads-up on the embossing powders. Would love to get some different colors!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Anita! I've been wanting this set so bad for a while now, but haven't had a chance to order it, love that flower!

Dawn T said...

good luck with the Gallery Idol Anita... it is a very very pretty card.... and love the photos of the kids... isn't it great that they can play outside and have such fun at home.

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous design. Love the twine too.

It's so hot here in Texas. Need those popsicles...LOL. Where did you get the popsicle holders?

Emily Leiphart said...

Anita, great minds think alike! I bought that SAME set but have yet to ink it up. You made a beautiful card with it and I'm so glad you're entering Gallery Idol!! Such fun pics of the kids having fun outdoors and those popsicles sure look good!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous card, Anita! I really like how you used the EM!! And speaking of which, I must check out those colorful E. powder that you (and Emily) got! I am loving the colored ones and we just don't seem to have enough selections here, isn't it? GOOD luck on the Gallery Idol! We may as well give it a try :) Love your card today!

Alice said...

love your card! it's a beauty, Anita! love the pops of red and green. fab simple design, too! good luck with the Gallery Idol entry, too! =) it looks like your kids are enjoying the summer and awwww.... your homemade popsicles look so yummy! i think i can use one now!! =) thanks for the delightful post as always, Anita! i really enjoyed reading it! =)

Jinny Newlin said...

Beautiful card, girl! LOVE all that scrumptious color! Oh, Stampin' Up just started carrying a Melon Mambo embossing powder that is the perfect shade of hot pink. Just love it! And those homemade popsicles look awfully familiar. Have you been in my freezer :)?

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates