Monday, June 13, 2011

Butterfly Kisses

Hello Happy Monday!  I hope your week is having a great start!  We had a fabulous weekend!  The weather was so nice on Saturday was so nice that we invited some friends over and we all sat in the backyard enjoying the sun!  The kids played in the sprinkler and pool and we enjoyed suntanning! 

So a while back I won a prize on the Craft's Meow Blog.  I was so excited and I loved the Butterfly Kisses stamp set that I also bought that!  The lovely Nina Brackett designs stamps for the Craft's Meow and I just love her!  Not only is she a talented designer but she is also missionary in Croatia where both my parents are from!  (I was born here, and yes I can speak Croatian it was my first language!  I only learned English when I was 4!)  I thought it would be fun to share with you what I won (also in the picture is the butterfly kisses stamp set)  I can't tell you how exciting it was to get the big box full of stuff!  And actually my neighbors got it!  Last week just before I was putting the kids to bed on a night Chad was out working the neighbor came to the door with it!  I was beyond excited!  And thankful for honest neighbors!



A bunch of goodies from My Mind's eye Turquoise collection!  Love it!  Thank you so much to Lisa from The Craft's Meow!  I had an idea and sat down took a break from Father's Day cards and created this:




This card has been removed for publication.  :>


Yesterday was my hubby's Chad's birthday!  :>  On Friday we celebrated with his family and I got a photo of all of us that I do every year since we have had kids! (Is it ever hard to get both kids to look at the same time!)



Yesterday I made a yummy dinner for him and we made him some double chocolate cookies:



My inlaws took the kids for the evening and we went and had a date and saw a movie, we went to the cheap theater since between us we've seen all the movies in the other theater!  We saw:

 And we really liked it!  A good story and a movie we both suggest!:>

I don't have a birthday card that I made for my hubby to share with you as I used one in my stash.  I actually  have quite a few masculine birthday cards!  :>  But I do want to send out a shout out to my hubby!  Wishing you a very happy birthday my love.  I hope that this new year is an even better one for you!  I know that with an NHL hockey team coming back to our city you are more than thrilled!  (Oh and he and his friends were really lucky last Saturday when they managed to get 2 season tickets to share in the 2 minutes that it sold out!  There are 8 thousand people on the waiting list!)  I am so blessed to be able to share my life with you.  I love that you are an amazing dad in love with his children and love raising them.  I love that you are a dad who can be a dad with me gone and without instructions from me!  I love that you are so easy to live with, really the perfect spouse for me!  I love that you also see the importance of me staying at home with our children!  Wishing you an amazing year!  :>

19 comments:

NinaB said...

Thank you so much for mentioning me on your post. I'm so glad you won the TCM goodies! And your card is beautiful. I love the pearls on the wings. Happy belated birthday to Chad! My hubby's bday is next week. Your cake and cookies look yummy.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Gorgeous card! That chocolate brown ribbon with the turquoise is so rich.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautiful card, Anita! Wowsers! And I love that paper, too, and all the embellies. Yummy! I'm so glad the package finally arrived and that you're enjoying it. Thanks so much for the shout-out. I also enjoyed all the pix of your family. Sweet!

Hugs,
Lisa

Tracey said...

Beautiful card and family photos ANita!TFS!

~amy~ said...

yahoooo....check out all those fun goodies and I adore your card!!! Happy belated b-day to your hubby!

Lynn said...

Happy birthday to your dear hubby! A wonderful post Anita! And I love your card!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beatufiul card Anita! Love those gorgeous colours together! Yay happy birthday to your hubby! Hope you all had a wonderful day :)

Kelly Latevola said...

Anita this card is so lovely! and I must say my what a good looking family ;) Birthday wishes to your hubby!!

Angi Barrs said...

WOWZA....Super gorgeous card. Love it. I want to see that movie too. :)

Robin K. said...

Hi Anita! I adore your card - absolutely love the color combo and that sweet image!! Looks like your hubby had a very happy birthday :) Glad you're getting some good weather so you can enjoy the outdoors! Hugs, Robin

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Chad! I love this card Anita! That stamp has had me look at it more than once! Beautiful colour combo and I love your big ribbon!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Anita this card is jaw dropping gorgeous girl! Oh my goodness the colours, the design and of course the stamping in ribbon are just stunning. I am in love with everything. If this doens't win I will be shocked. I was gonna play too, ( I don't stand a chance! Lol!) but after seeing this masterpiece I think I will sit back and watch you walk away with the Grammy! Wow! Wow!

Emily Leiphart said...

Aw, I love what you wrote about your sweet husband, Anita! Your card is gorgeous and you are making me want some Craft's Meow stamps now. :P

Alice said...

such a pretty card, Anita! love the elegant design. congrats on your win and so glad that you are having fun with the goodies! =)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Jinny Newlin said...

Congrats on the scrumptious prize package, Anita! And you've made that stamp set soar on your beautiful creation! Happy birthday, Anita's hubby!

Vicky said...

I love all your cards and this is no exception! Love the pearls, the pattered paper and the color combo that you used! Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at lily pad cards

Unknown said...

What a great card - love the simplicity and the brown and blue combo - so lovely! Thanks for sharing your awesome talent with all of us at the Lily Pad!

Lin said...

What a wonderful prize, Anita, and your card is so beautiful - love the colors, love your design, ADORE that sweet little girl!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Pond!!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates