Thursday, October 13, 2011

WildFlower Christmas

Hello! Happy Thursday to you!  It's a dreary cool day here, one that reminds us that winter is on it's way!  I've been enjoying my day at home with Carter and I babysat my friends two little boys today too.  It was good they had a lot of fun and the youngst is just 1.  I very much enjoyed cuddling him and by the end of the day thought to myself I could just keep him!  :>

Today I have a card that I made for the current Hero Arts October challenge.  One of the challenges is to make Holiday cards with non Holiday stamps!  At first I was a bit thrown off and didn't think I would play with this part of the challenge.  But than I started thinking of using a small stamp in the Wildflowers and Butterflies Hero Arts set to make a colorful background and realized I could do a Christmas one!  Here it is:


I stamped one of the small flower stamps from the Wildflowers and Butterflies HA set over and over to create the background.  Than I tied the bow and than stamped the sentiment from a HA Christmas sentiment set. Added some rhinestones for a bit of bling, foam squares for depth and there you go!  I love how this background looks.  I think it works really well for a Christmas card!

Well I am off.  Chad is out watching hockey with a good friend and the kids are in bed.  It's quiet here!  Lately I've been very inspired so I am off to get creative! I have a whole bunch of card ideas in my head!  Plus tonight is a good tv night with grey's anatomy, private practice, the mentalist, big bang and the office!  Yesh too many good thing we PVR them and watch them through the weekend!

10 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful background!

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Anita!

Brenda said...

Anita this is absolutely brilliant! A very beautiful creation!

Dawn T said...

Love this background Anita. Very cleverly done. The big bow finishes it off beautifully.

Nona said...

So creative and beautifully done, Anita :)

Barb said...

I love the way you used this neat stamp, Anita! Such a pretty Christmas card! Hugs! :)

joy said...

This was a very clever idea that turned out to be just gorgeous! I love it. You did a great job of lining the images up for that background. A winner in my book!

Lynn said...

Love, love, love the background design...stunning!

Allison Whitehead said...

Anita, I've been reading/following your blog since you started and although I have never commented, I have always loved your cards and stories. I especially love this Christmas card that you did...it is absolutely beautiful! Your blog makes me smile everytime I read it!

Tiffany Ervin said...

That turned out really beautiful making your own background! Love it! I need to try that more often!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates