Monday, October 17, 2011

Embossed Wildflowers

Happy Monday!  Another start to the week!  Hope you've had an amazing start!  Today I enjoyed a playdate with a girlfriend and her two boys!  Carter had been asking to play with him last week so I am glad they were able to come over!  And what a fantastic playdate, as a mommy to a busy boy who doesn't always keep his hands to himself the joy that comes from a day when he does and you have a hassle free playdate where they play amazing all day really is special!  And my friend and I had such great conversation!  I love friends you get along with and is a great person!  Carter was so sweet he took a short nap after they left and when he woke up he told me he missed his friend!

While I cook dinner (super easy mushroom pork chops and rice) I thought I would stop in with a card! I really like this card, love the design and made it quick.  But picking out which pp I wanted to use took 3 days, no kidding!  But it was worth it no?

Still working on cards for my church bookstore!  But I am in the mood to do so, so it's all good!  :>  I used Stella and Rose pp by My Mind's eye, realized that I've had it for a bit so I should stop hoarding it already!  Am I the only one who tries to save 1 piece of each pp for future use? I made this card on Saturday night.  Chad was out with the guys watching our city's hockey and football game.  I picked up some thai food from my favorite thai place as a treat as I don't eat out that much.  And enjoyed creating!  I got a peanut stir fry, it was amazing with a coconut base.  I am in love with peanut stir fries lately and want to try to make my own.  But I did a few years ago and it was horrible!  So know of any good peanut stir fry recipes? 

Products used:  Vintage Cream cardstock by PTI, Stella and Rose pp by My Mind's eye, Wildflowers and Butterflies stamp set by Hero Arts, Zing Chestnut embossing powder, versarmark, sentiment from PTI.

Well I better get back to dinner! :>

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Anita, this is lovely! I am always afraid to stamp on dsp...need to do it more often as this is gorgeous! It coordinates with your blog header too!

Virginia L. said...

Love your gorgeous card, Anita! Beautiful embossing and design! It's wonderful that Carter and you all had a great play date! I know how that must have felt when everyone is having fun!! About the Peanut Sauce, I would normally make from scratch, BUT the President's Choice Thai sauce is not bad for the quick short cut!!

Barb said...

I love the paper you used, Anita! Looks beautiful!

Brenda said...

I just love that pop of black against that beautiful turquoise patterned paper Anita! Such a beautiful card. Sorry, cannot help you with the peanut sauce, but you are making me hungry now!

Nona said...

This is so pretty Anita! The blue patterned paper matches perfectly with the chestnut embossed wildflowers. I've been wanting to try colored embossing powders and will try getting some Zing powders with you beautiful yours turned out.

Have a wonderful week, Anita! :)

Sanne said...

Love it Anita - simply beautiful!

Dawn T said...

a very pretty card Anita. And it sounds as if you had a great day. What fun for both you and Carter.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, this is so very pretty, Anita!! I've been meaning to get this stamp set, wonderful inspiration!

Alice said...

so simple and beautiful, Anita! love this!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates