Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cards for Card Drive for Kids with Spina Bifida

Hello!  Happy Wednesday!  Always find that the week after a long weekend just flies by! Tonight I am looking forward to my dance class!  :>  Oh and my skor dip, I had cream cheese that was close to expiry so I whipped some up last night and have been enjoying it with apples that are in season right now!  Check out the recipe here, soooo yummy! Although I warn you it's soooo addicting!  And I added more cream cheese as I found it sweet so maybe put less sugar...

I wanted to share with you a card drive that my friend Giovana is doing.  "Card Drive for Kids" with Spina Bifida. October is Spina Bifida Awareness Month  I think it's really great that she is collecting cards for these kids and families and wanted to support her so  I made two similar cards to send.  Please consider making cards for this also for more info please check out her blog here.




I couldn't resit coloring the girl robot pink!  I masked the robots when I stamped the graph background over the robots.  I had fun using up scraps for the banners.  I'll be honest I really like this fun design!  :>

Products used:  Robot Trio, Sending Smiles, Graph Background by Hero Arts, lime twist by My Mind's eye, derwent colored pencils, recollections cardstock.

I wanted to share with you my friends that I quit my job!  I hardly worked but I've hardly worked for almost 4 years at the children's clothing store!  I would say on average a shift a week, every so often during a busy stint maybe 3 or 4 and at times nothing (winter)  I really enjoyed it. I loved my discount! Shopping while I was there!  Chatting with people (I love to socialize!) But there were a lot of negatives like call in shifts that I would need to call in an hour before and see if I am needed, and were talking 2 of those or more a week!  With becoming a real estate agent in the near future I would have needed to quit anyways.  In the end they had changed the job description and the amount of hours needed, and it was too much on a weekly basis for me and my family.  With Ariel being in school all day now I had a really hard time leaving to go to work and the thought of so many more hours I broke down and had a good cry which told me it was time to go.  It's a good break for me to focus on my course, my kids and family before I start my new career!

Well that's it for me!  And don't forget to enter my blog candy you can click here!

9 comments:

Brenda said...

I think it's really great of Giovana to have this card drive and I have a pack of cards going to her this week. Love your robot cards Anita! You did the right thing, often when a woman lands up in tears over a job, it's like you said, time to go. I amsure that you are going to be busy enough in your new line of work, so a little break for some additional family time now can only be a good thing! Hugs to you for making that big decision!

Tenia Nelson said...

What super cute cards for a fabu cause!! tfs!!

Giovana said...

Beautiful cards Anita!! The kids and their families are going to love it! Thanks for sharing about the Card Drive!

God bless.
Giovana

Karen B. said...

These are just adorable!

Dawn T said...

such cute cards Anita. And good luck with your change of career. You'll be able to focus on your course now and it will be great to work with your hubby too.

Lynn said...

Adorable...I love the pops of colors from the banners...and wishing you all the best in the next step in your real estate job!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, these are just too sweet, Anita! Very cute with the random strips of colorful patterned paper!

Alice said...

these are so cute and sweet, Anita! love the patterned paper flag/banners. super cards!

Kehkshan said...

Its really yummy :)...these cards are quite unique:)...
Plastic Cards Monster
Plastic Cards

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates