Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 2 Snowmen all in a row

Hi there! For today day 2 I have to share a matching gift box, card and tag set. I haven't decided who will receive this, I know I will decide when I am about to give it. I am making these sorts of things for my daughter's preschool teachers, music teacher, ballet and so on. Although my MIL told me that I also should bring card sets and such for the family events where you play the gift exchange game (you know the kind bring a $10 gift) for some reason I hadn't thought of it! Good idea! It's a simple design. Here it is all"wrapped"up:

I made the box from the splitcoasters tutorial on an A2 box, although the box was too deep for me so I changed the measurements by an inch smaller in both the depth and width and than scored at 1 inch on the sides as opposed to the 1 1/2. The box was rather simple to make a lot easier than I thought it would be. What I did to practice was making it with random cardstock, a color I didn't care for to learn what I was doing. I made a simple tag for the top where I will write the name of the recipient. Here is it opened:
And here is the card and tag. I made 3 cards and 3 tags to go into the box. I stamped the snowmen and than colored them with colored pencils. I also put glitter on the bottom of them. It's a very simple design but I really like it!

Products used: Kraft cardstock Bazill, corner rounder, snowman stamp set CTMH, HA greeting, Michael's ribbon and stickles!
Thank you for all your comments on yesterday's post! Especailly the birthday ones! I love reading comments, it really does make a day better! :> I better run. My children are napping and I would like to lay down for a bit! I took them to stay and play at my church this morning, it was fun for them and me (chatting with other mom's) but it is also tiring dressing them in there warm coats, boots so on. Especailly my little guy! It's such an arguement trying to get his gloves on and then forcing the gloved hands though the jacket (the only way he can't get it off!) It's quite cold here so these are things we must do! I work this evening and for the next few nights, I just enjoyed a week off. The mall is quite busy and I work as a cashier in a popular children's clothing store! But thankfully my hubby made some spaghetti sauce late last night so that makes it easier!

6 comments:

Alice said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this, Anita!!! beautiful simple design and those snowmen are too cute!!

Kathy said...

Wow Anita this is a fantastic project and I just love your coloring! :) A true labor of love!

Sanne said...

Such a cute idea Anita - love the simple design!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Adorable!

Heather Maria said...

Oh these are wonderful Anita! Love the set.

Lin said...

This is a great present for some lucky person!!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates