Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Card Purse!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I did! It snowed all through Christmas eve to boxing day! We didn't have much snow beforehand so it made it much more of a white Christmas! It was also quite exciting as every year in my hubby's family we have the children reenact the nativity, and this year my daughter was Mary! It's so awesome that we do this and that we have enough children to be able to! It really helps the children to remember that we are celebrating Jesus' birth. Here is my cutie:



The day after Christmas in Canada is also a holiday and called Boxing Day. It also happens to be the big shopping day, sort of like Black Friday. I of course had to work. With the big snowfall the mall wasn't as crazy as past years and I got a bit of shopping done before work. I spent my shift being the greeter telling everyone about the sale, it was fun! If I could find a job where I know all the info and than help people and tell them the info they need to know...


Tonight I have a card purse to share with you!







Isn't it the cutest thing? I love it! I saw it on the American Crafts blog last week and went to the splitcoast thread of how to make it. It's so much fun to make! I decided on Monday to add to my Christmas gifts for my mom, MIL and my hubby's grandmother to make them little matching card sets. Than I saw this and thought it would be the perfect way to give the cards! This purse and card set is the one I made for my MIL. Here are the cards:



Not the best photos since last week was more cloudy. Here is the inside of the purse:


I used all Hero Art stamps for the cards. I made them smaller using the largest of the Nestabilities Label 1 as the card shape. I also used my butterfly cling that I bought a while ago but was too deep into Christmas card making to use. And dressed the cards up with some rhinestones.








My MIL loved the cards and the purse too of course! Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!
Tommorow I will update the products used....


6 comments:

Alice said...

beautiful card purse! very pretty cards inside, too! wonderful project!

Vanessa said...

Adorable project, Anita! Wow, I can`t imagine going shopping the day after Christmas! So glad these days are quiet in Germany :) Your daughter is adorable!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Dawn T said...

Anita... loved the photo card of all of you... just wonderful and in this post...what a lovely tradition with all the children... your daughter looks so proud to be Mary. I loved your project as well. Must admit I did not go shopping on Boxing Day... it was a mad house as we had perfect weather- hot and sunny here.

Jill said...

Great pic! Love the card purse and your butterfly cards are spectacular! What a nice gift!!!

Sanne said...

What a cute picture of your family Anita - you all look so beautiful. Hope you enjoyed christmas and the snow!
Great cards - love the cling butterflies!

Pajalu said...

Wow what a great "purse" & cards. I was wondering if you could send me a link to the place you got the instructions pretty please :D. Your dd looks so very cute as well xoxoxoxo

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates