Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 3 Krafty Ornaments

Today for Day 3 I have a Christmas card to share! I made about 10 of these! I love this stamp set by Stampin Up and the coordinating punch that goes with it! Super easy ornaments! Here is the card:


I based the colors for my ornaments on the patterned paper by Bo Bunny. I used this paper also for another card, I just love it! The Merry Christmas is from the PTI set Holiday Button Bits. I used colorbox and PTI pigment ink for the stamped ornaments. I really like to use pigment when I stamp solid images, just heat it with your heat gun for a bit to speed up the drying process. I looped some silver cord and taped it on the back of the ornament, I thought of doing the hanging with bows again but thought to be different, and well it was way easier especailly since my darling hubby did this! I also used an EK Success punch for the bottom border but realize that looking at the punch I have no idea the name of it! Sorry! But in all honesty me and this punch have a not so great relationship. Although adore it I do!

Of course I have much more to say but I have been "wasting" a lot of time online ordering family photo cards and our family pics. About 2 weeks ago we had some natural light photos taken and they turned out just amazing! I hope to write out my cards and hand/send them out this weekend. I am doing both a handmade Christmas card and a photo digital card. I thought of combining both but I just got the photo's back this week. I want to keep the photos as a surprise until my friends and family have them in hand so for now I will just share the one of me and hubby:


Until tomorrow with Day 4, maybe some buttons?

6 comments:

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Very cute, Anita!

Vanessa said...

Super card and super photo!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Dawn T said...

Anita. lovely card and what a delightful photo of the two of you... I bet the family one is awesome as well.

Virginia L. said...

LOVE the colors of the ornments!! SO beautiful, Anita! That hubby of yours is a sweetie (I can tell)!! Thanks for this lovely post!

Heather Maria said...

Beautiful card Anita and it's brilliant that you got your hubby involved in making them! Great photo of the two of you too!

Lin said...

So good to see your pretty face a little closer! Thanks for sharing!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates