Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer cards and Carter's Birthday party!

Hello!  Happy Thursday!  It's gotten hot here again and with only two weeks left of summer before school starts we are quite happy it's hot!  :>  

Today I have two cards to share that I made for the Scrapbooking Cafe Online's blog!  I used the Hello Summer pad by Echo Park for both of them!  I love this pad and had to make more cards with it before summer comes to a close!  I actually made these cards this morning, the kids and I crafted together!


For more details please check out the post here.

On Tuesday night we celebrated Carter's birthday with a bbq party in the park!  I love that his birthday is in the summer and I can have his party outside at the park, this was our fourth year doing that with great weather! We bring our bbq from home and bbq hot dogs and served it with four salads, Cesar, pasta, coleslaw and potatoe!  He had a terrific turnout for his birthday over 60 people!  Half of them being adults and the other half kids!  With such a big play structure it works!  I love planning parties and we did a superhero theme as he loves superheros right now.  While I did a few decorations I didn't do as many as I had hoped, but that's what happens when the week before pretty much everyday someone in our family is sick (me included) and you don't feel well yourself!  :>  Here's a few photos from the day!









As you can see Carter got very blessed!  Doesn't he look happy, lol?

As favors I made all the kids chocolate covered oreo's on a stick!  I love making these as they are so much easier because you can lay them flat on the back to dry, not as messy and you don't have to worry about chocolate dripping off!  Of course I forgot to take a photo of all of them luckily I have one left!  :>



I really enjoyed planning the party and the party!  But when it was done what a relief!  :>  I so enjoy celebrating him with such good friends! :>  That's it from me, Carter is sleeping and Ariel is bugging me to come and play a game online!  :>

17 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my goodness, you had quite a crowd! He sure is a blessed little boy! So cute and handsome! Love your decorations!

Your cards are fabby! (as always)

Barb said...

He's looking so big all of a sudden - such a cutie! Looks like a fabulous party, Anita! Love your beautiful cards too! Hope you are all feeling better now!

Lalo said...

Looks like such a fun party and so does those two cards!!! Love that one picture of him with all the toys...You need to scrapbook that one :)

Anonymous said...

Such cute cards Anita! Love all the bright colours - perfect for summer. Looks like Carter had a wonderful time! Soo many presents! :)

Lynn said...

Love the gorgeous cheery colors on your card! And the absolute perfect day for Carter...love his big smile!!

Dawn T said...

great cards Anita. And what a great looking party. Summer time parties are the best, My son's birthday is at the beginning of summer and we always went to the park with his friends. Carter was one lucky little boy having such a great mum and lots of great friends

Plastic card said...

Beautiful work!I love the colors and all the stuff thanks for sharing.

Katie said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all, especially the Birthday Boy.
Great cards. Really like the first one the best, but both are very cheery--love those cute butterflies and how you cut the strips at angles.

Kelly Latevola said...

I love the cards Anita! Especially the little flutterbies, so cute :) Way to go with that huge party! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

Trinh said...

Pretty cards, Anita! I love the colors and patterns. And looks like Carter's party was a huge success! He looks so cute and happy.

Cindy C. said...

Sweet cards! Looks like a great party and all are having a good time! The birthday boy looks so cute!

Greta said...

Love your bright, cheery cards, Anita--especially the first one. Looks like a successful birthday party for a sweet little boy!

~amy~ said...

Such wonderful summery cards...happy belated to your boy! Looks like a wonderful party!!!

Robin K. said...

Looks like a good time was had by all at the party!! And the birthday boy got quite a haul! Love seeing the big smile on his face:). Sweet cards!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the bright colors and papers for your fun cards, Anita! And what a fun party for Carter!!

Carol McCready said...

Looks like Carter had a great time.

I love the color combo of your
summer cards.

jennfontaine said...

It's such a blessing to have so many great friends and family! Carter is one blesses boy! It looks like it was a lot of fun for everyone:)

Love the cards, so cheerful! How could someone not smile receiving one of them!?

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates