Thursday, August 16, 2012

Love Birds

Hello Happy Thursday! It's a sunny but cool day today!  The kids and I went running around for some school supplies and such today!  Getting ready for back to school!

It's Thursday which means I have a post on the Scrapbooking Cafe Online's blog!  Today I have a romantic card to share:


I used the perched die by Memory Box along with papers from the My Mind's Eye Indie Chic line.  I stamped a paper from it with Hero Arts backgrounds Lattice and Old Letter Writing.  Colored the lace pink with Tattered Angels mist.

On Tuesday we had a bit of a scare.  Just before lunch Carter fell downstairs and was crying so I comforted him.  No one saw him fall.  Afterwards he laid low just relaxing, taking a longer than usual nap.  In the early evening he started to cry that his head hurt and than he threw up so I knew I should take him to the hospital.  So we took him to Children's (thankful for Chad's mom taking Ariel for the night) waited almost 2 hours to be seen and than saw the doctor.  Got pieces of the story from him, he had climbed up on top of his ride on car, a Cozy Coop and fell off of it onto the cement basement floor.  We are guessing head first as he has abrasions on his nose, just above his eyebrow and his head.  At the hospital he seemed to perk up and play but than started to throw up a lot.  They gave him something to stop that and did xrays to make sure his skull was okay didn't want to do a CT due to radiation)  Xrays showed it was okay but he did have a concussion.  Carter took it easy the next day relaxing and is doing better.  

Summer seems to be passing by so fast all of a sudden.  Ariel goes back to school in 3 weeks today!  Yikes!  That's much too fast very much enjoying having her at home!  :>

13 comments:

Ryann said...

Poor guy! Good to hear Carter is doing better today. Your card is simply lovely!

Robin K. said...

I'm glad Carter's okay! Such a scary experience for all of you! Love your card- soooooo sweet!!

Katie said...

At times like that is where you earn your grey hairs.
I'm glad he is doing ok. One of the first things we tell moms of little ones(I'm an RN) is not to let them go to sleep if possible for awhile, and if you do, keep him in your sight, and if he starts vomiting, you pretty much know there is a concussion. And time to do exactly what you did! Please don't take this as a criticism, because I did and still do think you two are SUPER parents and have told you so often. Just telling you what to watch for if(and I hope it NEVER does) happen again.
I love your card.
Big hugs, katie

Miriam Prantner said...

So glad Carter is Ok! What a scare. Glad to hear that things are back to normal there!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love those die cut birds. Such a pretty card Anita!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--what a scare, Anita! So glad he's OK. Love how you used the die--gotta do that!

Dawn T said...

Poor Carter.... and poor Mummy! Welcome to the world of being a Mum to a growing boy! Glad he is okay. Your card today is very lovely.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my that is a scare!!! So glad he is doing better!

Your card is just so sweet!

Kelly said...

Glad Carter is doing better. Our older son fell at a rec center about age 3/4. Hit the back of his head on the floor (feet went out trying to kick a ball). complained of head hurting and tired. Got him home and talked to DH on phone when he threw up so off to the hospital we went: concussion. That was so scary and I know exactly what you go through! Both boys had had stitches, I am waiting for the first broken bone! YIKES! love the card. the edges of the front panel are nice with the distressing! take care!!!

jennfontaine said...

Glad that Carter is doing better- how scary for you guys!

Your card is so pretty! I love the bird cutouts and the soft colours:)

Good Timing said...

Yikes!! I'm glad carter is okay. That's so scary. Enjoy the last bit of summer. :) ps. Live the birdies on this card!

Maureen Morton said...

What a scare! Little boys - this is probably just the start of lots of wild antics that scare Mommy. My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Love this card - the background is so rich and the contrast of the bright lace is simply perfect. Take care - no more scares!

Teresa Kline said...

super adorable card, have a great week!

enjoy *~*

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates