Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thanks so much!

Hello!  Happy Sunday!  It's a rainy dreary day here!  But sometimes a rainy dreary day is nice and relaxing and needed!  :>

Today I have a card to share that I made to play along with The Playdate Cafe this week!  And yes it's using a new stamp set from my prize  :>



I used Verve's Making a Statement set for this card!  I saw the Play Date's colors and this card came together in my head quickly!  I stamped the flower background and I so enjoy doing that!  I also really like these colors together!  :>

Yesterday we had a garage sale!  Our area has a yearly garage sale and I wasn't going to take part because Chad had a conference but I thought hey why not on Thursday!  I've been organizing stuff the kids have outgrown for a while in an effort to clean up so it was ready to go!  Although I did search the house and found much more.  It seems never ending how many baby and little kid items I keep finding!  My SIL came too and she has 4 kids so if you can imagine how much stuff she had!  She also suggested that I should bake some stuff for sale.  I figured why not my family will eat whatever doesn't sell!  :>  After setting up I stayed up a bit late and baked  and wrapped it up for 2 1/2 hours I made 2 pans of puffed wheat squares, oh henry bars and double recipe of banana chocolate chip muffins.  I sold out of the puffed wheat and oh henry right away, the muffins did sell but not out.  Totally worth my time!  And I see what sells too!  I will for sure dot it again next year!

I have a few cute kid stories to share with you!  :>  The other day when I was driving Ariel home from dance I asked her if she wanted to take dance next year again.  She replied "Yes!  A girl in my class said when were bigger they will throw roses at us when we dance!"  Oh I laughed!  So cute and sweet!  :>

On Friday at Carter's soccer game which was absolutely freezing he was quite upset that Ariel was at the play structure while he had to play soccer!  I've never had him complain before but at this park the structure was right behind the field.  He was out playing (truly into it) and the ball was traveling to the far end of the field and he was running towards it and just kept running past to the play structure!  It was so funny to hear all the parents and the coach notice!!!  So funny and no I could not get him to come back and play soccer.  I tried and he just ran again to the structure!

Yesterday during the sale my SIL and I were chatting about how the little girl two houses down had pulled out her violin and was playing with the case at her feet.  I had Ariel go and put some money in it.  Ariel a bit later goes and gets a baby toy tambourine and a cup, puts the cup at her feet and starts playing the tambourine!  Hahaha so funny!  I love my kids!

Well that's it for me today!  Until next time!  :>

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Your card is divine...I love how you created such a gorgeous background with the stamps. Amazing!

And your stories are so precious...love hearing them!!

~amy~ said...

Your card is perfect...awesome take on the PDCC! Such fun kidlet stories...glad that you g-sale went well!

Lindsey said...

What a sweet, sweet card! Love how you used the colours.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love how you created the background and way to put those new goodies to work.

Donna B. said...

This is a beautiful card Anita! Love the background and the red and blue cards with the cute birds! A great take on the color story this week. Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

jennfontaine said...

I'm glad your garage sale was such a hit! I love getting rid of stuff we don't need anymore- such a great feeling!

That is a cute card! Fun layout!

I love hearing stories of your kids- they are too sweet!

Annette Allen said...

so cute and refreshing...I love the color combo and the stamped background looks amazing..

Barb said...

This is such a fun card, Anita! Just love those colors and patterns! Glad you're having fun with your new goodies! :)

Virginia L. said...

Very creative of using the colors and stamps! So cheery and happy! Thanks for sharing the kid's fun events! Their Mama taught them well :)

Dawn T said...

a gorgeous card Anita... and thanks for sharing your children's stories with us... I can just see Carter deciding the play structure much more fun and Ariel is so like my daughter was... she would have done exactly the same thing. Good on Ariel for being so enterprising.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Anita :-)

thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Cindy C. said...

Darling card Anita!

So fun to hear your stories about the children!

Stamp with Angela said...

Wonderful card. Great take on the colours. Love the background.

Glad the garage sale went well, especially with your baking.

Robin K. said...

Great use of the challenge colors Anita - love the bg you created and how you layered the stamped pieces! And the stories you shared about the kids made me smile bigtime :):):) Glad your sale went well! I'm doing one with a friend in a few weeks and now you've got me thinking about baking a few things to sell.....

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER cute card! LOVE your use of our colors! And I LOVE the story about your little one and neighbor!!!! ADORABLE:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

~Tammy~ said...

Another fantastic make!

I am laughing because that is just what my son would do too! Everything comes to a halt when there is a playground in sight.

Your daughter is hilarious! She is one smart cookie! She is not going to pass up a business opportunity let alone support the competition.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates