Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Etched Flowers Congratulations!

Hello!  Happy Tuesday to you!  :>  It's been dreary here for the past couple of days and they are not calling for sunshine for a few more days!  Sigh....last night I needed to get out myself so I went shopping for myself.  It's been too long since I've bought myself some new clothes, I always feel guilty but this time I told myself I had to!  I was very happy to find 2 new shirts! :>

Today I have a card I made for my brother.  He had a wedding on Saturday and asked me to make a card for him!  I used new stamps:


I embossed the etched flowers by Hero Arts with chestnut embossing zing powder.  I colored it in with Tattered Angel's glimmer mist Pink Poodle and Dutch Tulip and the green is blarney!  I've never used this stuff before but got 6 bottles with my prize and boy have I ever been enjoying spraying it!  Ariel has enjoyed it too but we had the conversation of how it needs to be sprayed with mommy around and not just sprayed.  I also learned that it needs it's lid on when it's shaken!  LOL!  I have to remember to put these where Carter can't find them!  :>  I basically sprayed it on a clear block and painted the flowers in with a paint brush, super fast and super enjoyable!  The congratulations sentiment is from Practicing Creativity got it with my prize, has lots of good sentiments in it!  :>  

Yesterday Ariel wanted to do her own hair for school:

Can you tell?  LOL!  I love that girl!  I told her to show Daddy and he asked me "Are you going to let her go to school like that?"  Why not it's cute and she was so excited! She said that all the kids loved it!!!  But as soon as she got home she took it out, she said it hurt a bit!  :>  I think I count 16 hair barrettes!

Thank you so much for visiting me today!

11 comments:

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your card is so pretty! LOVE the flower! And Ariel's hair is adorable! :)

Lynn said...

Ariel's hair is adorable! And her smile is priceless!

Love your gorgeous card. The background script is beautiful.

jennfontaine said...

Ariel looks so cute! I'm glad her friends approved of her look:)

What a gorgeous card! I love the shade of pink to go with the brown. Your colouring job is stunning and the cutting and placement-perfect! So beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

Love your fussy cutting for this Tea Flower stamp! The background is so perfect for the flowers, too! Love Ariel's smile and her own style--totally lovely!

Lin said...

Beautiful mix of stamps, Anita! I think I "need" those etched flowers :))

Barb said...

Oh, my gosh - I'm giggling - I thought Ariel had a headband on! So fun that they are all barrettes! (hee, hee!)

Love your gorgeous card, Anita! The Etched Flowers look so pretty against the script background! :)

Katie said...

I think her hair is very CUTE---this from a mom who helped her daughter @ about 16, dye her hair blue and then purple.
Don't sweat the small stuff--and remember, it is all small stuff--especially hair!
You should be on the west coast of Canada, I am just south of B.C. and it is sunny and gorgeous!

Lindsey said...

Awesome card! Beautiful colouring on the flowers. (Mists can be so messy, can't they? :P) Your daughter's got some serious stylin' going on!

Stamp with Angela said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours and design.

Your daughter looks so cute with her hair like that.

I have seen you in the Flickr Hero Arts group but have just become a new follower to your blog. I have read some older posts. You have made some wonderful cards. I have enojyed reading about your kids too. They are gorgeous. I am a Christian stay at home mum too, but live in New Zealand. I have a 7 yr old, 5 yr old and 1 yr old (15 months).

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful card Anita. And Ariel looks super cute with her hair done in all the barrettes. She really is a delight

Robin K. said...

I think Ariel looks like a pretty little Hawaiian girl with her hair done like that :) I didn't know you could use those glimmer mists like paint - I just love how your flowers turned out! The whole card is beautiful! Hope the sun shines for you this week - we've had rain on and off the last few days :(

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates