Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thank You Tea Flower

Hello!  Happy Tuesday!  We enjoyed our long weekend as a family and are now back at it!  :>  Today I have a thank you card set to share that I made for my neighbors mom's group.  I think I've mentioned but this group has babysitters who are paid to watch the kids while us  mom's get together have coffee, talk and/or have special speakers. We fund raise to pay the babysitters.  :> 




When I first got the tea flower stamp by Hero Arts a bit back I embossed a bunch in chestnut and painted them with inks and perfect pearls water mist.  I very much enjoyed it and than made the two cards I've shared before.  I used the rest for this set!  Great idea when you don't have mojo to do something you enjoy and have it waiting, saved lots of time!  I wanted to make this set something an older woman would like so I used doilies!  I stamped the dot flower background with cup of joc mid tone shadow ink by Hero Arts (new to me) added a banner with a sentiment put them together and added some jewels.  Cutting the flowers, stamping and everything took me an hour!  Not bad for 4 cards and not bad that I did it while watching the finale of Apprentice! 

Special thanks to my friend Trinh who told me I should enter this set into Moxie Fab World's The Doilies and Lace Challenge!

I have some cute photos to share.  Lately I am really working on getting the kids to help or clean up after themselves.  I am trying to teach them respect for our home.  My kids are pretty great and quite well behaved but they are kids!   So I discovered this weekend that Carter can vacuum!  I know it sounds strange of course he can do it but being three he is young but he doesn't vacuum toys and is good at vacuuming the mess he made and he is careful!  Plus he really like to vacuum and takes the time to do it!  Only thing is vacuuming once a day is his max!  After supper I asked him to vacuum the kitchen and I got some photos:


Isn't he cute?  Yes I know so tall, but he won't be 4 until almost the end of August! He is growing like a weed, each season I find his pants getting short!  Can't seem to keep up with buying him new clothes!!  Lately I've had quite a few people ask me about him going to kindergarten in the fall, what?  When I tell them he is three they are shocked!  Thankful that he is only going to preschool in the fall!  The other day I was writing an email to a friend about how I was sad about that, while typing Carter calls me and I turn around to his spinach smoothie (he loves it)  spilled all over the floor!  I finished the email with "Maybe preschool won't be so bad!"  

And that's it from me today!  :>


24 comments:

jennfontaine said...

Carter is too cute! That is wonderful that he loves to vacuum, I think it's so important for kids to learn to clean up after themselves. So much better to start that young!

I love, love the card set! I must be getting older cause I think the doily is perfect;) The background is so beautiful and the flowers are so well done! Love it! The layout is super nice too:)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow, this card set is a beauty Anita! So pretty! Carter is such a cutie too!

Annette Allen said...

WOW these are gorgeous... How adorable is little Carter...

Cindy said...

Those are lovely cards, Anita! The background stamp is amazing. Good to get the kids involved. I have one who prefers bathrooms to vacuuming, so that's working out pretty well for me!

Cindy C. said...

Very pretty set of cards Anita!
Carter is really cute!!

Trinh said...

Gorgeous card set, Anita! I hope you enter this into the Moxie Fab Doilies & Lace challenge. And Carter is such a cutie & a great helper too! Elisia complains almost every time she has to do her chores.

Joy said...

WOW! girl these cards are so so gorgeous...Love them!! as for your little sweetheart can he come and do my carpets when he is done, super cute photos :) Hugs

Karen B. said...

Absolutely stunning cards!!!

Greta said...

Lovely set of cards--just what I like! Carter is too cute & can't start those chores too early--LOL!

Ashley Newell said...

These are gorgeous! I love them! The background is fabulous!

Queenie said...

GORGEOUS card set!! This set is super lovely and totally PERFECT!!! I love that you've started your son early on cleaning---it's never to early for men to clean! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Such a beautiful card set Anita! Lol how cute is Carter! :)

Dawn T said...

A wonderful set Anita. The background is lovely. I like the colour and how you left a border. Your little man is perfect. What an angel. He looks so happy helping out.

Jingle said...

Absolutely beautiful cards!

donna mikasa said...

so pretty, Anita! what a great set of cards!
and your son is totally adorable--what a great helper!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Carter really is a sweetie and getting so big too. Love that he is helping you out with your chores. Love your card set and I love that you used Dolies. It really is very elegant. Thanks for sharing Anita.

Unknown said...

very pretty cards

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful cards.

Judith Pacuan Ledergerber said...

I like your page and also the cards..

CanadianScraps43 said...

Congrat sweetie on having your card featured in the list of winning cards in the Moxie Fab World. Love it so much and doesn't surprise me that your card got chosen. Big Hugs.

Geri said...

Congrats again Anita! You are on a roll girl! Enjoy every single minute of it. Your card is lovely - another well deserved shout-out!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Congratulations on your Moxie Fab win on your beautiful card! What a beautiful background and I love the kraft with the white doily.

Nina Yang said...

Yay Anita! Congrats on the win! Beautiful, beautiful design with perfect execution! :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Anita, Your card is so gorgeous! Congrats on your Moxie Fab win!!!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates