Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Super Fun Birthday!

Happy Tuesday!  It feels like it's been so long since I last posted and chatted with you so I warn you, your in store for a long post!  :>  Last week I didn't get to create too much but last night I sat down and played:

It's funny because I knew I wanted to play with the flower trio from Patterned Hearts and Flowers by HA BUT I had a total different idea in my head!  Than I decided to play with the current Hero Arts challenge:


I love the colors this month and wanted to use them, than thought I should make a birthday card as I always need them and than thought to myself I may as well make it an interactive card too!  I think this is the first time I've actually played with all 3 of the challenges for Hero Arts in one card!  :>  So here is how I made it interactive:
 


I thought both sentiments worked well together!! Here's another view, I used a lot of foam dimensional's to get it to work!

I really enjoyed making this card!  I can't wait to give it away and see there face!

We had a wonderful weekend!  On Friday Carter had a soccer game and let me tell you nothing is more amusing than watching almost and 4 year olds play soccer! HA!  Carter kept wiping out and falling and often taking other kids out!  Everyone laughed!  Oh so fun!  We took the kids out for donuts after too!  Saturday was Manitoba Day (my province) and the Manitoba Museum was free so we took the opportunity to take the kids!  We started out in the Science Gallery, than a Fred Penner planetary show in the Planetarium!  Perfect for there age and fun and musical!  Had lunch and than went through the museum in a little less than an hour! I guess with a busy 3 year old that's how it goes!  LOL!  :>  They had people dressed up so I got a photo of the kids:

After the museum Ariel had her first swimming lesson and than we went to celebrate Chad's Mother with his family!  We had a family bbq at my BIL and SIL's house!  It was a gorgeous day outside!  Sunday we went to church and the kids and I went along with Chad to show a house, while he did that we played at a nearby park!  :>  Hit the mall for sandals for the kids and than they made me pancakes for lunch and Carter and I took a nice nap!  Chad snapped a picture of the three of us:

 
It was such a gorgeous day on Sunday that we planned to go the park after naps, and it turned out another good friend were planning too so we went together!  The kids really enjoyed playing together!  Afterwards we had a great family fun dinner of make your own pizzas!  We had such a great weekend celebrating Mother's Day!  And yesterday it was even hotter we went to a good friend's pool!  First time swimming outside in May!  :>

Well I think that's it from me today!  I hope your week is going fabulously!  :>

23 comments:

Annette Allen said...

such a sweet card...love the flowers and that background is just to pretty...fun photos..thanks for sharing..

Cris said...

What a great card! Looooove how you made it interactive!

Lin said...

Love your card, Anita - beautiful use of the colors and I can't believe you rolled all those challenges into one! Great job!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love your interactive card and the flowers look awesome! Love your family pics too! So glad you enjoyed your Mother's day weekend.

Barb said...

Oh, I love how you created the sentiment to slide open! Beautiful card, Anita! So glad to hear you had a fun Mother's Day weekend! Hugs! :)

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous interactive card Anita, please send some of your lovely weather our way, it seems to have been raining here non stop since March lol...

Karen B. said...

What a cool card! Neat interaction and the colors are amazing. Your kids are so sweet!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! Anita, I adore what you did with that sentiment panel! Too fun! And I love the way your pearls tie into the colors of your flowers! Beautiful work, as always! And so glad to hear that your Mother's Day was blessed!

Dawn T said...

beautiful card Anita and your sliding sentiment is incredible. Sounds like a super fun weekend had by all.

Lynn said...

How cool that you made this an interactive card..fabulous! And...I love, love, love the color combo!

Maureen Morton said...

What a fun card, Anita! I love how you used the colors and made it move. Great pix of the sweet kids, too. Thanks for sharing.

Robin K. said...

Your interactive card is both fun and pretty Anita!! Looks like you had a spectacular Mother's Day weekend :) We've had such incredibly warm weather here too - my hubby can't believe I've already worn shorts a half dozen times! LOL!

jennfontaine said...

Such a great card Anita! I love the colours (the blue and orange look amazing together!) The layout and the interactive part is so great! Love it!!

What a fun sounding weekend, filled with lots of family memories! you should somehow save your blog posts on a disk or print them out or something for a family diary. I'm sure grand kids one day would love to see what a great mom you are and the kids of things that you do!

The Manitoba Museum is one of my favorite places to go, but I haven't been in years:( I'm really going to try and go sometime soon with the kids!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

What a FUN card, Anita! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time!

Lindsey said...

What a brilliant card! I love how it's interactive on top of being beautiful!

Trinh said...

Beautiful & clever design, Anita! So glad you had a wonderful mom's day. It's too hot in TX already - we are going to be miserable by the time August rolls around!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Anita! Love what you did with the sentiment! So fun and clever :)

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my goodness, I love love this! Just gorgeous!

Deirdre said...

AMAZING Anita - love what you created.

Congrats on the Moxie Fab Shout Out.

Wida said...

Flung this through moxi. It's beauuuuteeeeful!

Virginia L. said...

I thought I already commented in this post! Just coming through from MF shout out! Gorgeous card, Anita! I know you are such a great Mama by looking at those happy faces :)

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeousness, Anita! Love that it's interactive, too! So very cool! Congrats on the MF shout out!

Chunyuan said...

Gorgeous card, Anita. It is so pretty and elegant, and also an interactive card!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates