Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Luscious Birthday

Hello!  Hope your having a great day!  Sorry it's been a bit since I last posted.  First up I want to send out a big thank you for all the kind words I received on my last post on my first publication!  You girls really made me smile and feel special!  

Today I have a card that I made for the current Lily Pad Patterned Paper challenge!  What a great challenge as I totally have pp that I have not used up.  Some is hoarding and not wanting to cut up the pretty paper, and with this one it was I didn't like this piece of paper! BUT I love it now!  I was thrown off by all the yellow, not that I don't like yellow it just threw me off, than I noticed the tiny teal flowers and an idea formed:



The paper is from Hello Luscious by Basic Grey, one of my favorites.  I stamped the flower and leaf from the Hero Arts matching set and the sentiment is Hero Arts too.  Really happy with how this card turned out, not my usual color combo and I am so happy that I gave a paper that I didn't like a chance!  LOL (by the way which picture do you like more?  I couldn't decide!)

I apologize for not updating my blog in a bit.  We enjoyed a busy weekend this past one and I have been playing catch up.  We got together with two families that we hadn't hung out one on one with before.  It's so great to get to know people better!  And this weekend was so special because Ariel sang a duet at church!  Her school had a children's choir sing a song at the service and Ariel sang a duet!  She loved it!  She sang the same part at the Christmas concert and she says she loves being on stage when can I do it again?  Hmmm I will admit this makes me quite happy, I loved to perform as a child!  Everyone says she is so comfortable on stage and that she sang so well!  Her music teacher said she is meant to be on stage!  We are thinking next year putting Ariel into musical theater (she takes piano already)  And oh I am one proud mommy I told everyone in the halls to watch for her, lol!  I couldn't help it!  This picture is dark but you can see her holding the mike and singing:


Than on Sunday night it was the superbowl.  I am not going to lie to you I am not really all that into it.  But my church was having a party and the guys decided that they would go and bring along there families!  And it was one of the best nights we all had!  The guys watched the game in the sanctuary, us girls sat in the lobby which had been set up as a cafe and enjoyed chatting and catching up.  And the kids played connect in one of the rooms, ran around, and enjoyed running, doing an obstacle course and playing football on the sides of the sanctuary!  It was fun for all!   I remember back when we all had one kid and it was easier for a bunch of us to get together but as our families have grown it has gotten much more difficult which made this so much fun!

Well I am off to work on dinner and I am working on a wreath!  :>

7 comments:

jennfontaine said...

Beautiful card! I really like the colours, but I would have had trouble making it work! Pulling out the teal was a perfect choice in my opinion:) I like the top picture better.
I was teaching Sunday so I missed Ariel:( I'm glad she loved being up there and did her best! I'm sure she will enjoy musical theater. (Kennedy would too- I should get the details from you..)
Can't wait to see the new wreath you are making!

Lisa said...

Pretty card, Anita :) I'm with you- the yellow would have definitely made me turn away! End result is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Anita! Love the colours and the papers :)

stampingandstitching said...

Anita, gorgeous card and what great use of pp! I find it hard to use pp for the same reasons as you! Love the mix of pps on the bg and the sentiment piece with the gorgeous flower is so pretty! Both pictures look great and they show different features about the card! Ariel looks so cute up there singing and isn't it great that she loves it so much!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful card! Love the main flower and how you tied in the colors. Your weekend sounded busy, but lots of fun! :)

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card, Anita!
In regards to the nice comment you left on my blog (thanks!), the "beige ink" I used it A Muse Studio Latte.

Dawn T said...

well done to Ariel. You have one talented daughter Anita. Your card looks lovely with the blue/teal flower drawing you in.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates