Thursday, February 16, 2012

Glitter Shaker Birthday Card

Hello!  Happy Thursday!  Not sure where the week has gone so far!  I am happy to share my voice is a lot better but still not yet 100%, it's taking a while to come back since I lost it on Saturday night!

Today I have a card to share that I made for the Play Date Challenge newest challenge which is color splash with hot pink!!  I saw the challenge last night before bed.  I love the color choices!  I sat down this morning and this card came together quickly.  I very much enjoyed making this card, don't you love it when that happens?  With not feeling all that well this was the first time I crafted this week!

Here is my card:


I wanted to play with my new zig zag stamp by Hero Arts.  And I was inspired by Julie Cambell's shaker card here.  I love shaker cards!  I used to make them all the time!  I love the idea of using a clear bag for the shaker!  You know how many clear bags I have?  Between the various clear envelopes and various size bags that I have for treats I am set!  Beyond an easier way to make a shaker card! Today my two ideas meshed and I came up with this card!  I used some glitter that I have had forever!  I added some twine by the Twinery, some jewels and a hot pink strip with the sentiment!  

Hope that you had a terrific Valentines Day!  On Monday night I went out with a bunch of girls friends and saw this movie:

We all loved it!  Such a fantastic movie!  Great story!  :>  I want to see it again with Chad!  You should go see it too!  Next up I want to read the book!

For Valentines Day I made treats for Ariel's class, I used my babycakes cake pop maker for the first time.  It really made it so much easier but it was a bit tricky to figure out how not to overfill it!  I wanted to make red velvet cake pops but didn't have enough red food coloring so I made pink velvet!  


Chad and I enjoyed celebrating Valentines Day as a family.  This weekend we are planning to go on a date!  :>

Well that's it for me!  Supper is in the slowcooker so I think I will spend the time I usually would making supper baking some banana bread!  I love baking! 

12 comments:

jennfontaine said...

I'm glad you are getting your voice back! Being sick sucks~I am so hoping I start to feel better soon!

What a great colour challenge~super fun colours and pretty picture!

Love your card!The zig zags are perfect with the style of the cut out! I really like the font on the Happy Birthday stamp too! When ever I see twine on a card I think of you~you always make it work so well:)

I think I would like the Vow- I should try and go see it one of these days- Marc likes love stories too so it would be a great date movie!

Super cute cake pops! I'm sure the kids loved them~ Ariel is so blessed to have a mom that loves to be a blessing to others~I'm sure she will be just like you!!

Enjoy your banana bread!

Emily Leiphart said...

You are such a great Mom! I love seeing your treats. They always look delicious! And I do want to see that movie. I love Rachel McAdams. Your card is gorgeous, too! I love all the pink!

Dawn T said...

Love your card. I'm enjoying the zig zag stamp. You did a great job. And your treats are so well

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card Anita! Love the colours. Those cake pops look sooo yummy! I'm glad you have got your voice back and are feeling better :)

Jinny Newlin said...

What a fun card! LOVE the glitter, and those chevron stripes pack such a punch! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

And those cake pops... Yum! Hope you're feeling tip-top soon! It's so hard when mom is sick :(.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Terrific zig zag card! Adorable! And the treats look delicious! I bet the kids loved them. Thanks for your sweet comments about my Fab 5 win. I so appreciate them!

Yvette said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Lovely mix of colors from the inspiration photo! Love that zig zag stamp! I so want to see the Vow too! Love your cake pops! I'm amazed at all the constant cooking you do! You are so good!

Denise said...

Chevon is so trendy and perfect for a "pop" of pink. Love your card and the addition of the shaker element... very sassy! Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Cafe - we hope to see you again soon!

Ruby said...

What a delicious post for so many reasons!! Love your card for our challenge, the shaker idea is so fun and the chevrons look so dramatic in black and white, LOVE them! The movie looks good, will check that out and your pops look yummy! Thanks so much for joining in with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!!

~Tammy~ said...

You always make the best treats! Love this and they look yummy!

Your card is so cool!

CanadianScraps43 said...

wow your so busy! Love the way these treats look so yummy and I saw the movie. And it was awesome a real tear jerker for sure. Love your post today.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates