Sunday, February 12, 2012

Aqua, Red and White You're The Best!

Hello!  Happy Sunday!  I hope that you have enjoyed your weekend!  We sure did!  Last night we had dinner with some friends, Ariel went to kindergarten last year with there daughter. Same school still diff classes, but that's okay they are still friends!  Today was a Valentine service at church and Ariel was asked to hand out chocolate kisses in between the two services! She had so much fun!  She was so cute and sweet!  :>  

This weekend continues to be wonderful with more crafty good news, yesterday I got an email that one of my cards was picked up for publication in the July issue of Cards!!!  Yay totally doing the happy dance!  Two publications in one weekend!  :>

I wanted to pop in and share a card inspired by one of my wreaths!  I loved the color so much that one day when I was sitting and creating I thought I would be inspired by it.  And use felt on a card since I find myself making felt flowers a lot!  Here is the card that I made:

Here is a close up on the flower:

This is wreath that I made that I was inspired by:



For the card I stamped the classic fabric background by Hero Arts with white pigment ink onto the teal cardstock.  Love how it looks.  I made the flower out of 5 circles, 4 of them folded and sewn onto one of the cirlces and I sewed a button by my mind's eye on top.  I am really pleased with how this card turned out!

I actually have another wreath to share too.  This one is inspired by the other one but slightly different.  This wreath I made just to make.  I am thinking of starting an etsy store to sell my wreaths!  If you have any tips on etsy let me know!


What do you think when I put the flowers in two places?  Better or you like both?

I have a super cute story to share with you.  On Saturday morning Chad woke up at 5:15 am to Carter wimpering loudly crying.  He thought Carter had an accident so he goes to see him.  (Oh I am super blessed Chad gets up with the kids at night, two reasons I sleep deeply and he can fall right back to sleep while I couldn't)  He asks Carter why he is crying and Carter tells him he wanted to go cuddle Ariel and he can't open her door!  I had put a door handle on her door so he would stop waking her up early!  How sweet is that?  Chad told him no your supposed to sleep in your bed please go back to sleep!  Ariel tells us in the morning "Oh he just wanted to cuddle!  He went right to sleep!"  WHAT?  Well Ariel hears the commotion and goes to see what's up with her door and she said he was right there and went to her bed and went right to sleep!  They slept together till morning!  So sweet!  They love each other so much!  I got these sweet photos on Saturday while the two of them were cuddling on the couch after Carter's nap:


Well I am off!  To make treats for Ariel's class!!  :>  Oh and I was on the mend.  But I lost my voice last night!  Not sure if it has to due to with  my previous vocal problems or to do with my slight cold.  Annoying none the less I enjoy talking!

12 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Swoon! This color combo is absolutely delicious, Anita! And your kiddos are just darling!

Barb said...

Hi Anita! What a fun post! Just LOVE these fabulous colors! Gorgeous card, and I totally think you should sell your wreaths in an Etsy store! They would fly off the shelves! Adorable pics of your kids - they are the cutest! Hope your voice gets better soon - can't imagine you without one - Hugs! :)

Anonymous said...

Anita this card is stunning. Love how you took inspiration from one of your gorgeous wreaths. I hope you feel better soon and your voice comes back. Hugs!

Dawn T said...

what a stunner Anita. As is your beautiful wreath. And your children are just adorable.

Lynn said...

Your card is absolutely stunning. Such fabulous bold colors.

And...I love the stories of your little ones. The cuddling is so, so sweet!

jennfontaine said...

Such a beautiful colour combo! Love the card:) Such a pretty felt flower! It is great that your kids love each other so much~So sweet! Glad you had a nice weekend!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love your card, Anita! That felt flower is as gorgeous as your wreath. Your kids are absolutely darling!

Aimes said...

Now that's one fabulous flower and an awesome colour combo! Love that HA stamp for the background (the wreaths are gorgeous btw!)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Trinh said...

I love this color combo, Anita! Your card is gorgeous & so are your kids! And congrats on the pubs - you're on a roll! You asked me about the ink color on my card; it's ColorBox Espresso.

Tiffany Ervin said...

I love these bold colors on your card and your wreath too! I hope you get your voice back, how scary!! I don't think I've ever lost my voice before, wow! Can't imagine that happening! Stay well and sending you and your sweet family a Happy Valentine's Day!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love the colors on your wreath and card! Both are beautiful! Love your cute story too. Such sweet kids. :)

Jenny said...

LOVE the colors. The wreaths are GORGEOUS! LOVE them!! And your card is so pretty! (:

Your kiddos are just adorable!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates