Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Card Set!

Hello!  Happy Thursday!  Hope your day has been well!  I've enjoyed being home with Carter all day!  Hubby is off to the hockey game so it's just me and the kids tonight!  But that's okay when they go to bed I've got Grey's Anatomy to keep me company!  

Today I have a card set to share that I made for a friend.  I am trying to get back into making card sets to have on hand.  The end of the school year is coming up plus birthdays are always popping up!


I cut a panel out of white cardstock and attached three strips across, than heat embossed in white the wildflowers by Hero Arts. I used Hero Arts layering papers which made the color choices so much easier!  Each pack comes with three colors and there you go three strips!  I embellished the flowers with matching gems by HA but for the pool one I didn't have matching so I used pearls!  I also used the white part or the "inside" of the layering paper for the card so that inside:

I am entering these cards into the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge, it's use 3 different papers, I totally did!

I finished up a new wreath today.  I love this color combo!  I am working on opening an etsy store for my wreaths and I will be selling this one!  I get a lot of orders from friends too!  I love doing custom ones!



WREATH REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION!!!


I love this color combo as it's not expected!  But I love how it works together!  :>

Well I am off!  Have to practice spelling and piano with Ariel!  Than bedtime and feet up for mommy!

21 comments:

Stephanie said...

These cards are absolutely beautiful!! And that wreath is just gorgeous too! Love the colors!

Lynn said...

Seriously in love with your card set! Awesome!

Barb said...

I always love your wreaths, no matter what color combo you use! Your card set is so beautiful too, Anita!

Kelly said...

so so pretty. What a beautiful set!

Maureen Morton said...

What a brilliant card set! Love how they make up such a nice little package - and done fairly quickly, too. Amazing. And your wreaths are breath-taking. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Awesome card set Anita! Love the different colors you used. Your wreaths are always so pretty too!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful set of card Anita!

Anette said...

Awesome card set, Anita!! What a great idea to make them monocromatic like this!

adele holcomb said...

These are simply beautiful! Great idea to use three strips of paper in graduated colors.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous wreath today, Anita - just love those colors! And your tri-color cards are fab too!

cheiron said...

Fabulous wreath and I love these colorblocked cards!

jennfontaine said...

Love, Love the cards! The colours are amazing! The touch of pearls is perfect too! Very pretty!

The wreath is so great! You are so good at making these! The colour combo is very lovely! Great job!

judy said...

Very striking card set--I love it!

Brenda said...

I love how you made those gradient colors on the card set and the white embossed image looks perfect on it! That wreath is stunning Anita! Good luck with your Etsy store!

Aundria B. said...

Love these cards you made - beautiful colors with the pop of white. I'll definitely have to try this one. Also, love your wreaths & can hardly wait for them to be on etsy!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous set Anita. So simple but oh so effective. And your wreath is amazing. Wishing you well for your Esty store.

kasia c. said...

Anita, I'm so sorry I haven't commented sooner!

That card set is absolutely amazing, as is that wreath! GORGEOUS colours together. That teal is my favourite. It's the colour we made our front door! :)
Kudos to you for trying to open an Etsy store. What a fabulous idea to make and sell.

I also wanted to thank you for all of the kind & thoughtful words you have showered me with over the last little while! You are so kind. :)

Take care, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
{hugs}

Sue McRae said...

Wow, loves these cards Anita! What a fabulous set to give away as a gift!

Erin said...

Your cards are wonderful! I'm hosting a card swap on my blog and would love it if you wanted to join us! It should be fun! http://makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com/2012/02/homemade-card-exchange-wanna.html

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards & wreath Anita, I love the image you've used it looks fab against the colour stripes.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, wow!! These are all gorgeous sets of cards, I am in love with the vibrant colors and the embossing too! How are you doing with selling your wreaths? I bet they are flying out of your store like crazy, amazing!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates