Thursday, February 2, 2012

January Publication, My first!

Hello!  Happy Thursday!  I love Thursdays as it's a nice relaxing day at home.  No kids activities and no reason for me to leave the home!  I love catching up on house stuff, crafting and today I am focusing on my assignment.  Unless inspiration strikes!

I am beyond excited to share with you my FIRST ever published card!  It is in the January issue of CARDS magazine.  Back in August when I received my first email of having a card picked up I was beyond happy!  It really is a dream come true.  I know my crafty friends get it but I was surprised by how happy friends and family were too!  Running into people I got a lot of congratulations and questions about it!  Neat, huh?  

It was fantastic that this card was picked up because I love it:

I was very thankful for Vanessa emailing me a scanned photo of my card in the magazine as I had yet to see it.  Here is how it looks in the magazine:

I love how they took a photo of it!  So pretty!  I love what is in the background!  :>  So when the issue arrived here in Canada I had to check it out in print so I went to my LSS and they shared in my joy!  :>  Here you can see how happy I am:

I am a happy girl.  Who would have thought 5 years ago when I was a young mom to a sweet baby girl and thought I needed a hobby just for me and decided on cardmaking that one day one of my cards would be in a magazine never mind CARDS!  I've realized lately that I am the happiest that I've been since I've rediscovered my creativity.  It started 5 years go with card making.  I was creative as a child but with the demands of school and university I lost it.  So happy I've found it again.

Wishing you a fantastic day!

28 comments:

Virginia L. said...

CONGRATS, Anita, on your first pub!! Way to go! I am sure there will be many more to come! YAY!

Annette Allen said...

congratulations...that is so awesome

Tiffany Ervin said...

I'm so happy for you!!! And it is wonderful to see you in print!! Look forward to many more happy emails for you, woot! Enjoy!

Angie Blom said...

that is awesome.. congrats!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Congratulations, Anita! So thrilled for you!! It's about time and I can't wait to see more of your work in print. ;)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Congrats Anita! I'm so happy for you! Your card and the picture of you with the mag are adorable!

Tia said...

that is so awesome!!! congrats!

Lisa said...

How exciting! Big congrats, Anita! You must certainly be over the moon :) It is a lovely card!!

Kelly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Cindy C. said...

Congrats Anita! So very happy for you. It's a lovely card you got there! hugs.

stampingandstitching said...

Anita, big congrats!! Your card is gorgeous and it must be so exciting to see your card in print! What a great photo of you in your LSS!

Maureen Morton said...

A huge congrats, dear gal! This is adorable - that ribbon rocks! How nice for you to have achieved this goal. You are really special!

Lin said...

Congratulations, Anita! It's a real thrill seeing it, isn't it? So pleased for you!

katie said...

Congratulations, that is a great honor. LOVE your cards. The colors in the card are beautiful!

Karen B. said...

Congratulations Anita! What a big moment indeed, and a fabulous card too!

Barb said...

Yay!!!! So happy for you - and I love that card! Exciting seeing it in the magazine - big congrats to you, my friend! :)

Carol Mc said...

Congratulations. The card looks great.

Jinny Newlin said...

Woohoo! You go, girl! HUGE congratulations!

Piali said...

Congrats Anita!!!! Beautiful card!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anita!!! That is such a great accomplishment and I'm sure there will be many more!! Your card is gorgeous :)

~amy~ said...

super ginormous congrats!!!!

pooky said...

A big congrats to you!!! I'm proud for you...I can only imagine how excited you are!

Robin K. said...

Sooooo happy for you Anita!!! I just love your card and how they photographed it for the mag layout!!! I will have to make a trip to Michael's to pick up that issue!!

jennfontaine said...

I am so excited for you! It is a beautiful card and I love how they staged it! It really showcases how pretty the card is:)
I know you will have many more published!

Brenda said...

Congratulations Anita!

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations, Anita! It's a fabulous card!

ScarboroFair said...

Awesome Anita. So happy for you. How very very exciting. And such a beautiful card, no wonder it got picked up. Good luck for more.

Mariana Grigsby said...

Congrats on your publication, Anita! The card is fabulous!
Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! Hugs!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates