Friday, February 10, 2012

Baby Ivy's Thank You Card Set!

Hello!  Happy Friday!  Hope you have fun weekend plans!  It's gotten really cold here again.  We are talking minus 40 with windchill!  We have some plans and I have to work on Valentine treats for Ariel's class!

I have some very exciting news to share with you.  Today I received an email from Paper Crafts Magazine!  I got a card picked up for publication from them for the Stamp It issue!  This is my first time I've gotten a card accepted by them!  I am so happy!  My heart was in my throat and I had tears in my eyes as I read the email!  Dreams do come true!

Today I have a baby thank you card set to share!  One of my friends just had a baby girl, this is there fourth child, the other 3 are boys!  Beyond excited for her!  I babysat two of her boys once in a while this past fall and got to love on her youngest.  It was wonderful and I look forward to loving on this new baby!  A friend hosted a shower for her and I asked if she would like a baby thank you card set and she said she would!

I was inspired by Cath's Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger of Fancy Schmancy!  I mean looking at this doesn't it scream out baby cards to you???  Oh you make it what you need right?  (PS that Cath has to pick something that looks beyond delicious and I just can't stop thinking of eating it!)



Here they are:
I made 20 cards,  two styles 10 of each:







I started by stamping Classic Fabric background  by Hero Arts in angel pink.  I did all the backgrounds first.  Than I embossed in Chestnut Brown Zing powder the elephants and giraffes from the Sweet Baby set by PTI.  Than stamped the thank you (from Year Round sentiments by HA) And than stamped all the hearts, to me the finishing touch and what  made me happy was stamping the heart by the thank you!  I added my favorite bakers twine by the twinery and than adhered the panel to a white card base.  I forgot to take a picture but I stamped the elephant or giraffe inside the card in the angel pink!  This set took me a bit (I worked on it for a few days) but I worked on it stage by stage which made it better.  I was finishing it just hours before the shower and tied twine bows in the car!  I threw together a gift bag and tag just before leaving:

Can you tell I made the tag fast I just noticed that I forgot to stamp the hearts on the bottom beside baby!  Oh well I made it to the shower on time and with a finished gift!  I love making thank you card sets when my friends have babies, I find that when they have a shower or a sip and see and I have a date I have to have it done I can do it!  :> 

Well I am off to make dinner!  I was feeling sick yesterday but am feeling so much better.  I could feel that my body was fighting the cold!  So happy to be on the mend!  Looking forward to a night at home!  It's too cold to go out!

14 comments:

jennfontaine said...

So excited about your newest publication! I know there will be many more:)
SUPER cute cards! I love how you made two different ones too~they are both so sweet!

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME and SWEET card set, Anita! Congrats on your pub with PC!! SO very happy for you!

Karen B. said...

Congratulations on your first PC publication! You totally deserve it! And these cards are so very sweet!

Emily Leiphart said...

Hooray for the PC publication acceptance, Anita! I'm so happy for you! And these cards are super cute. You are such a sweet friend!

Nadia said...

These cards are gorgeous, I love them!!

~amy~ said...

wahoooooooooooo on your happy email...sooooooooo happy for you!

What super sweet baby cards.

Have a FAB weekend!!!!

Lynn said...

So glad you are feeling better! This set of cards is fabulous! I would have loved them!!

Alice said...

such a sweet and beautiful set of cards, Anita! too cute! love them all! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Dawn T said...

what a cute set. And such a great idea. I recently went to a shower ( pre baby but she knows what's she's having) and I wish I'd thought of that!

Jenny said...

Such a cute set of cards, so very sweet!! (:

Char Dobson said...

Beautiful cards Anita. Such a sweet design.

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE your cards and the bag!! THANKS for sharing CONGRATS on the publication!! Have a FABULOUS VALENTINE'S WEEK!! =)

Trinh said...

These are so cute, Anita! I love how you used the Trigger colors.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, these are all so sweet, Anita!! I need to make some baby cards too, such great inspiration!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates