Sunday, November 27, 2011

Some Christmas Tags

Hello!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you've had a great weekend so far!  Our has been filled with kid birthdays so it's been fun!  This week we had some unseasonable warm weather and all the snow melted!  As nice as that was it was messy and everything was becoming brown! Yesterday we awoke to a beautiful winter wonderland as it snowed most of the night! Feels so much more like Christmas is on it's way!

I want to say thank you so much for your super kind and sweet comments on my last post regarding my first class!  You made my heart happy!  :>  I am blessed to call you friends!

Today I have some tags to share that I am entering into the Hero Arts contest for the tag challenge:


I got this Wonderful Christmas Stamp Set by Hero Arts last week and love it!  I've wanted a snowman stamp set every Christmas!  I sponged some tumbled glass distress ink on the snowman like Tami showed on the HA blog, love the definition it brings to the snowman!  Went sentiment free instead put it on the back along with the to and from!  Added some stickles the the scarf and stamped in white the snowflakes from the set!  :>


For this one I used my favorite reindeer stamp and paper pieced it with some red and cream striped paper!  And stamped in white the magical background stamp and added the joy sentiment and some twine by the twinery!  I made 8 of each of these tags.  My plan is to give 4 of each to two different teachers for Christmas.  Tags would make a good gift?  Still have a few more to work on!

So I have a cute story to share with you.  On Wednesday Carter was over at my SIL's house playing with his cousin Cameron who is 6 months older than him.  She overheard while they were playing:  Carter_ "I love you Cameron"  Cameron-  "I love you too Carter!"  LOL  Later that day at Chad's grandmother's when we were leaving Carter goes up to Cameron and hugs him and kisses his cheek, Cameron gets right in on the action hugging back and kissing!  We had to separate them to go!  :>  Last night when putting Carter to bed I told him that tomorrow we would be going to church he told me "Mommy tomorrow I tell Cameron that I love him!"  So cute!  

Oh I have another story.  Ariel is a pretty good student.  But she has been struggling with spelling.  It was almost like she wasn't trying.  And that annoys me not everything can come easy and subjects that are harder for her she should at least try.  If she tried and didn't do well that's another story!  It was frustrating to get her to study for it.  Last weekend she mentioned to me that her classmate told her that if she gets all her words right (10) her mom told her she would buy her something crafty.  I  told Ariel oh yeah if you get them all right I will buy you a crafty thing too!  They write there spelling tests twice once on Wednesday and than on Friday (if they get it all right Wednesday they don't have to write it again)  Well when I picked her up on Wednesday I asked her in passing how she did on her spelling test.  She says matter of factly oh I got them all right!  WHAT?  I was shocked!  Hmm I suppose she needed the right motivation!  So I took her right away to the dollar store (would have taken her to Michaels and bought her anything she wanted but she wanted to go there!)  And spent $2!  She was so happy and proud!  And I told her I would do it every week!  Oh and I made a big deal Wednesday and Thursday night how now she didn't have to study spelling since she got it all right.  And she gets it on the first try!!!!!!  Yesh she is so much smarter than she lets on!


This week I have a few things up the best of which is Ariel's Christmas concert!  :>  She is singing a duet and I can't wait to share that with you!  I am also going to be hard at work studying as I am going to write my second real estate test on Monday Dec 5th!  Eek but I want to get it over with before the true bussle of the season starts!

And I will leave you with a preview of a project I am working on besides my always card making!  It's not for a card or cards I am so excited but it will take a while especially with having to put studying first, oh and I hope it works out!  :>

See you soon!  Hope you have a terrific Sunday!

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Sweet tags...love the twine! Those blooms are sooo pretty!

Virginia L. said...

Love the twines with the tags!! So perfect! Glad to hear that Ariel is catching on with her spelling and with the right" incentive", she is going to ace every spelling test! I love your rolled flowers! Can't wait to see more!

Tracey said...

Really cute tags Anita!!! Can't wait to see you use those pretty rolled flowers!

Annette Allen said...

such cute tags...I so love that snowman...love those rolled flowers..

Trinh said...

Both tags are so cute, Anita! So glad you figured out what works for Ariel; I'm still trying to figure out Elisia. And can't wait to see how you will use those pretty flowers!

Dawn T said...

Totally cute tags Anita... and love your Carter and Ariel stories. Kids are the best thing ever and your two are so adorable. Your flowers look wonderful and you have me intrigued as to what they are for. Good luck with your exam. At least it will be over by a certain special day!!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your tags are adorable! I love that snowman! Cute stories too. Your kids are just adorable! I hope you ace your exam and then I can't wait to see your project with the rolled flowers!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love the handmade roses and your tags are super sweet!! Love that snowman so much!

Michelle said...

These tags are super cute:-) I saw them in the Flickr group and fell in love! Really looking forward to your project, love those roses!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your tags Anita!
TFS~

Alice said...

adorable tags, Anita! love them! sorry for not visiting for so long. hope you are well. big hugs! =)

~Tammy~ said...

Those tags are adorable and I love love love those rolled flowers! I can't wait to see what you have been working on!!!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates