Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge 19!

Hello!  I hope that your having a great weekend!  I am here with another Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!  This week's challenge is sweet treats with ribbon on top!

This challenge is quite fitting for me.  Since I really like sweet treats!  Desserts, candy, chocolate oh my!  Right up my alley!  I have a major sweet tooth!  Jenny picked this challenge this week because it was my fellow DT member Kim's birthday this past week! 

This week's sponsor is a company you all know and love May Arts!  They have such great ribbon!

I wanted to make a fun birthday card:

Today we had my son Carter's 2nd birthday party!  The other day when thinking of what I should make, cupcakes or cake I thought of using a cupcake on my card.  And than I thought of using Perfect Pearls by Ranger as frosting and sprinkled some real sprinkles on it and let it dry!  I wasn't sure if it would work, but it did pretty well.  It has such a nice effect!  It takes a long time to dry, and once you sprinkle the sprinkles leave them wherever they fall as they do bleed a bit of color. 

Carter's party went so well today!  The weather was perfect for the park, hot but not sticky! A lot of our friends and family took the time to free up busy summer schedules to join us and celebrate!  And we all enjoyed the BBQ!  Here is my favorite photo of the day:

I love my family!  Can you tell that Carter's two year old molars are right on schedule?

I will be back on Monday and continue with my giveaways, I am sorry I had to put a delay.  BTW I have two other giveaways in the posts after this...  Life got so busy and I want to enjoy the giveaways instead of feeling all rushed! 

16 comments:

Barb said...

Love your sweet treat card, Anita! So fun that you used real sprinkles! Looks like you had a beautiful day for Carter to celebrate! I even noticed those yummy lookin' cupcakes in the photo! You all look wonderful! Boy, does your daughter look just like her mom! So pretty!

Hannah said...

Are those real sprinkles on the card? barb's comment made me notice the cupcakes too! what a sweet photo - this one's a keeper :)

Alice said...

you have a cute family, Anita! love the photo of you all! very sweet card, too! love what you did with the cupcake!

Lin said...

Great picture! (Love your daughter's butterfly shirt!) Looks like a fun time.

Jill said...

Love that sweet, cute card! The colored polka dot paper is the perfect accent! Glad the party went well. You have such a beautiful family!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Oh this is so pretty. So love the bold and bright colours against the black background! This looks like a fun challenge, and maybe I should check it out. Hugs.

Ann said...

Super fun card, Anita! I love the dotted paper with the cupcake!

stampingandstitching said...

Adorable cupcake card Anita! I love the colours! The cupcake looks brilliant with the real sprinkles and Perfect Pearls!

Looks like you all had a great time at Carter's party! I hope his teeth stop bothering him soon. The pretty butterfly on Ariel's top reminds me of one of the HA's ones!

Laurel said...

So cute, love the sprinkles!

Anonymous said...

Love this card Anita! The sprinkles are so fun and I love the colours :)

~amy~ said...

such a fun card and fabbie pic!!!

Rosemary said...

super fun card, anita!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love the sprinkles on the cupcake in the card! That's FAB! Your family photo is adorable! Such a blessing to have 2 beautiful and healthy children!

Jenny said...

Great card this week. Thanks for all you do ... i love it. And what a cute family picture!! :) :) :) :)

Deirdre said...

Love the cupcake - great card. Great photo too.

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Cute card, Anita! I didn't realize they were real sprinkles-how cute is that! Love that you used Perfect Pearls for the frosting. I have yet to get some of these-but they are on my wish list!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates